Saturday, September 12, 2009

Does she have a hat on to play in the shower?


Alex: It’s the ‘cycling truck Mommy! I saw it!


Alex: Wait just a second.


(Alex is marching around with some tubes made of heavy cardboard.)
Alex: Exercise. Exercise. I got exercise. I got exercise. I got exercise. I. Got. Exercise. I got exercise. I got exercise. I got exercise. I got exercise. I got exercise.


Alex: Da da da. I got exercise from Mommy. I got exercise.


(getting in the car)
Alex: I had too many ammets, Daddy. I had too many ammets.
Daddy: What are ammets?
Alex (pointing at a mosquito bite): Right here.
Daddy: Oh okay.
Alex: It’s okay to scratch.


(riding in the car)

Alex: Can you talk to Mommy on the phone?
Daddy: We can't talk to Mommy right now, she's in the shower.
(Pause.)
Alex: Does she have a hat on to play in the shower?

Daddy: You wanna see a house being built?
Alex: Yeah. I wanna see the men building the house. I think they’re done sleeping.

Alex: I see that house. It doesn’t have any doors.

Alex: Oh look Daddy, I see swans!

Alex: I see the men building the house. I see a bulldozer! I wanna see the men building the house. I wanna see the men building the house. Is the men done sleeping?

Alex: I saw a bagel on the truck. I saw a bagel.
Daddy: A bagel?
Alex: A bagel on the truck. It’s the bagel truck. I can’t see it. The bagel truck’s behind the trees.

Alex: I see one - I saw one with a red door. And a red cars. And a red plant.

Alex: Do you see that one under the trees? Way far under the trees. And that one’s way far under the trees. And that one’s not having a lot of trees up on the roof. That one’s not covered with trees.


(on the swings at the playground)

Alex: Daddy can you push me higher? I'm slowing down.

Alex: Can you do it again?

Alex: That's too high.

Alex: I need dinosaur past for dinner, okay?

Alex: Can you get the orange one?


Alex: The ‘cycling truck bring a new green… um… basket.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: Like Mommy wanted.


(dinner time)
Alex: I’m full. I’m really full, Daddy.
Daddy: You’re full?
Alex: Yeah.
(Pause.)
Alex: My tummy’s coming out with my food in it! You see my tummy coming out? It’s coming fast.
(Pause.)
Alex: Are you full, Claire?
Claire: Ugh.
Alex: You’re not full. You just had a little bit.


(Alex and Daddy are working a jigsaw puzzle.)
Daddy: Do you see a piece with a little bit of green on it?
Alex: I see white with a little bit of sheep on it.


Alex: How we gonna get this working?

No comments:

Post a Comment