Sunday, September 19, 2010

“We’re driving! We’re driving the car!” Like that.

(lunch / keshnerkle)

Alex: I’m being a machine.
Daddy: You’re being a machine?
Alex: Yeah.
Alex (picking up mac and cheese with his spoon as if his arm is a crane): Mmmmmmmmmm.

Claire: Eh me turn my head eh Claire don’t – don’t – talk to me. Okay? Okay? Okay?

Claire: Eh, turn, my head, then, you, don’t, then, me, don’t, uh talk.


Alex (singing): Silly
Alex (singing): Silly
Alex (singing): Everybody’s silly
Alex (singing): Every kind of boy, is silly!


(Everyone is riding in the car on the way to the grocery store.)
Alex: Can we get a car cart?
Alex: I want a little cart.
Mommy: Let's get a car cart. You guys can drive it.
Claire (smiling): “We’re driving! We’re driving the car!” Like that.

(At the grocery store, Alex is walking instead of riding in the car cart.)
Daddy: I thought you guys were gonna drive the car.
Alex: I don't want to. I want to get some exercise.

Alex: We need to get some exercise. We need to get some exercise.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Sitting in the car is not exercise.


(Everyone is riding home in the car.)

Claire: I want some bed, Mommy. I want some bed.
Mommy: You want some bed?
Claire: Yeah.
Mommy: You are tired.

Claire: I want some nap. I want some nap.
Mommy: Are you tired?
Claire: Yeah.

Claire: Motorcycle! Dat a motorcycle!
Mommy: Yeah.
Claire: Motorcycle going that way. Motorcycle going that way, Mommy.
Mommy: Yeah, it went straight.
Claire: Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment