Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh, but I thought the room shakes too.

(Daddy picks up Claire from school. Daddy is buckling Claire into her car seat, in the rain.)

Claire (to Daddy): It’s raining on you.

Claire: Get in the car. It’s wet outside.

Claire: We have to get in the car.
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: Yes. We have to get in the car, Daddy.


(Daddy drives Claire home, going through a fast food drive thru on the way.)

Claire: I see that red car, right, there, side us.

Claire: It driving away, Daddy. It driving away, Daddy.
Daddy: That’s right.
Claire: Yeah.
Claire: That car waiting for us, Daddy.

Claire: I went to go potty.
Daddy: You went potty at school? Good for you!
Claire: I'm all done going potty.

Claire: You got your sandwich, Daddy.
Daddy: Yes, I did.
Claire: And you got your french fries.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: I like french fries, Daddy.
Daddy: I know you do.
Claire: Yeah.
Claire: French fries is crunchy, Daddy. French fries is crunchy. Crunchy, crunchy, crunchy.
Daddy: Yeah.

Claire: I have a big truck right there, Daddy, it really really big. Big truck.
Daddy: Yeah.


(Alex is inspecting the baby monitor.)
Alex: Daddy, when I'm upstairs, can you knock on the monitor?
Daddy: You wouldn't hear anything. We can hear down here, but it's just… one-way.
Alex: Oh, but I thought the room shakes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment