Wednesday, September 22, 2010

That's not food. That's animals.

(Daddy dresses Claire.)
Claire: It have buttons.
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: So many buttons.

Claire: We're downstairs, Alex. I'm awake.

(A girl on TV is brushing her teeth.)
Claire (to Daddy, smiling): She says, "Your turn!"

(Claire sees the big banana on her plate.)
Claire: Dat really really big. Cut it up.
Daddy: Okay.
(Daddy starts cutting up the banana.)
Claire: Dat really really big. I don't want to eat it like that.


(Mommy, Claire, and Alex call Daddy at work. Claire is very sad.)
Alex: Claire wants you to come home early.


(Claire is looking for a baby blanket, and finds Juju and Mallory.)
Claire: I found a blanket. This is a blanket. Mallory a blanket, and Juju a blanket too!
Mommy: Okay.


Alex (to Claire): It's 35! So I'm gonna be the crocodile and snap you with this book.

Claire: It's my book. Crocodile lie down. Reads his book.


(Everyone is playing “the dinner game”.)

Alex: I think Claire's favorite animal is a caterpillar.

Alex: I think Daddy's favorite animal is… I think Daddy's favorite animal is a butterfly.

Alex: I think Mommy's animal is a shark.

Alex: I don't like that, they eat people.
Daddy: Yeah?
Mommy: How do you know that?
Alex: Because sharks, um, sharks have sharp teeth. And they eat people, they're real.

Daddy: What do you think Mommy’s favorite food is?
Alex: I think Mommy's favorite food is carrots.
Daddy: Claire, what do you think?
Claire: I think Claire is a tiger… and a cat… and a dog…and a tiger.
Mommy: Yeah?
Claire: I is a tiger… quail… dog… cat… and tiger. And a cat and a cat.
Alex: That's not food. That's animals.


Claire: I peed in a swim diaper!

Daddy: Alex, I think you're pretty great. I think you're a great kid.
Alex: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment