Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm gonna find out how old they are.

Dora: And the piece that has eight sides.
Claire (pointing): Ah-gon eight sides. Ah-gon.


Claire: Watch me dance, Daddy. Watch me dance.
(Claire dances.)


Daddy: So, how was school today?
Alex: Um. Fine. Fine!
Daddy: Fine? That’s all you have to say?
Claire: Uh got – get in my class.
Daddy: You got in your class?
Claire: Dat new, new class. I get in my new class.
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: Yeah.
Daddy: That’s great!

Daddy: Claire, do you like your new class?
Claire: Yeah. I like my new class.
Daddy: What do you like about it?
Claire: My teachers.
Daddy: Yeah? Who are your teachers?
Claire: Fiffon. Fiffon!
Daddy: Fiffon?
Claire: Yeah.

Daddy: Alex, how is – how is preschool?
Alex: Um. Fine, heh.
(Pause.)
Alex: I just say fine.
Daddy: Yes, I heard you.
Alex: Mm-hm.

Daddy: Who else is in preschool?
Alex: All my friends.
Daddy: Such as…
Alex: Such as?
Daddy: Yes, such as…
Alex: I’m not such as. You’re such as.
Daddy: I’m not such as. You’re such as.
Alex (laughing): No!

Daddy: Well, who are your teachers?
Alex: Um. Miss Schern and… Miss Spivey. Who was the next teacher, Mommy?
Mommy: What, honey?
Alex: Who is the next teacher, I had three in my class.
Mommy: You have Miss Schern, and Miss Spivey, and Miss Wilson.
Alex: Oh. I had Miss Wilson, Daddy.
Daddy: Oh. Do you like your new teachers?
Alex: Yeah.

Alex: Why do you give me, the kinda cup I have, why do I have – why not.

Daddy: You’re not a cat! And that’s not a hat!
Alex: That is a hat, and I’m, indeed, a cat.

(Daddy puts bread in the toaster for Claire.)
Claire (to Daddy): Say “one, two, three, four, five”?
Daddy: Okay.
Claire and Daddy (in unison): One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!
Claire: Pop!


(Alex has been getting in trouble with Daddy.)

Alex (to Daddy): Can you be happy at me?

Alex: Daddy, when I’m bigger, can I give my boy and girl a timeout, if they don’t listen?
Daddy: Yes, you can give them a timeout.
Alex: I’m gonna find out how old they are.


(Alex has been in bed for at least half an hour. Suddenly he talks to himself.)
Alex: One, two, three, four, five, pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment