Saturday, September 4, 2010

PBS Kids, dot org!

Claire: I like these PJs.

Claire: I had bath yesterday.

Claire: You have PJs.

Claire: This your PJs. And this your PJs.

Claire: Mommy have PJs.


(breakfast)

Claire: No ‘chool?

(Alex spills water on himself.)
Claire: My PJs not wet.

Claire: Dere a bug in here!


(Alex and Claire are playing with Daddy in the backyard.)

Alex: I wanna be high up in the swing because -- like a mountain or a tree!
Daddy: Oh? Good!
Alex: Or a mountain or a helicopter!

Claire (to Alex): There’s no school.
Alex: No, silly.
Claire (pointing at self): No. Dat Claire Bear!
(Alex laughs.)
Claire (pointing at Alex): That you. You a sheep!
(Claire cracks up.)

Claire: Watch me go under the tree.
(Claire ducks as she walks under a branch that's five feet off the ground.)

Alex: Wind makes me feel better.

(Alex plays in the toy car.)

Alex: Oh now, my wheel’s stuck, Claire, it got stuck. I have a flat tire now.

Alex: We need to fix it, Claire, can we fix it?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Yes we can!

(Alex sits in the toy car, and Claire has piled up toys all around him.)
Alex: Look at me in the car, I'm aaalll packed up!

Alex: Claire, can you get this in my, get that animal feed in my car?
Claire: ‘Kay.

Alex: We need to fix it, Claire! Can we fix it? Yes we can!


Alex: One day can you show me how to play baseball, and I can play baseball tomorrow? When I’m bigger?
Daddy: Yeah, that’ll be fun?

Alex: I don’t know how to play baseball.
Daddy: It’s okay, I’ll show you.
Alex: Okay.


(Alex and Claire are with Daddy at Three Lakes Park, which has a small aquarium.)

Alex: Look Daddy, it’s a orange river!

Claire: Log!
Alex: Yeah, and it has turtles on it. They’re lying all over it.
(Claire laughs.)
Claire: That funny!

Claire: Look, I like this! It acawium!

Claire: Back turtle. Back turtle, Daddy, back turtle.


(lunch)

Claire (to Mommy): I see turtles at the ‘quarium.
Mommy: You saw turtles at the aquarium?
Claire: Yeah. At the little aquarium.

Claire: Dis lunch, Daddy. Dis lunch. Dis dinner?
Daddy: This is lunch, Claire. Right?
Claire: No, it’s…
Alex: I want it to be keshnerkle.

Alex: Mommy?
Mommy: Yes?
Alex: And at the aquarium we saw, pretend dinosaurs at the pretend dinosaur tank? It was a pretend dinosaur island.
Mommy: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah.
Mommy: Neat! What kinda dinosaurs were there?
Alex: Um, I don’t know which names there were.
Mommy: Oh.
Alex: I don’t’ remember their names.
Mommy: Oh.
Mommy: Well it sound like you had a lot of fun.

Alex: Claire likes watching (mumble). PBS Kids, dot org!
(Alex laughs.)

Alex: Alex likes mac and cheese, mumble and carrots. PBS Kids, dot org!
(Alex laughs.)

Alex: Daddy likes mac and cheese. PBS dot org!
(Alex laughs.)

Alex: Computer. Um… PBS kids, dot org.

Alex: May I have more honey mustard please? And more chicken nuggets.
(Pause.)
Alex: PBS Kids.


Mommy: That Sam-I-Am! That Sam-I-Am! I do not like that Sam-I-Am!
Alex: That Sam-I-Am! That Sam-I-Am! I don’t like that Sam-I-Am!
Mommy: Good job.
Mommy: Do you like green eggs and ham?
Alex: Do you like green eggs and ham? No I do not. I like different food!


Mommy: Tell me a joke, Alex.
Alex: Where do chickens live with bears in forestes?
Mommy: I don’t know, where do they live?
Alex: They live in yards!
(Mommy and Alex laugh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment