Saturday, September 11, 2010

That man have that football hat on.

(Daddy opens a box of waffles.)
Claire (pointing, proudly and enthusiastically): We got more waffles, at the grocery store! That’s -- we got them. At the grocery store!
Daddy: Yeah!

Claire: I want more water, please. More -- more -– more cold water.


(Alex and Claire are playing together.)

Alex (frantically): A dinosaur's coming! A dinosaur's coming! A dinosaur's coming!
Claire (frantically): Dinosaur's coming! Dinosaur's coming!
Alex (frantically): A dinosaur and a bear are coming!
Claire (frantically): Dinosaur bear coming!

Claire: I get my -- I get my -- I get my baby, Ah-yah.
Daddy: You got your baby?
Claire: Yeah I got it for the party.

Alex (calling out): Party's ready! The party's ready!
Alex (to Claire): Sit! Before the bear comes in. And the dragon!

Alex: It's… almost… o'clock, Claire! So the bear’s gonna come in o'clock. You better stop him.


(Claire is putting her shoes on.)
Claire: Look, Daddy, I'm a big girl!
Daddy: Yeah!
Claire: Look, look me, Daddy, I doing my shoes!


(lunch)

(Daddy puts bread in the toaster.)
Claire: Uh say one two three pop. Okay, Daddy?
Daddy: Okay.
Claire and Daddy (together): One… two... three… pop!
Claire: It didn't pop, Daddy!

Alex: I'm gonna look this way and then you talk to me, okay? And then I won't talk to you.


(Daddy is watching a football game on TV.)
Claire: Uh man have hat on. Have soccer hat on.
Daddy: That's a football hat.
Claire: Football hat.
Claire (pointing to a player): That man have that football hat on.
Claire (pointing to another player): That man have that football hat on.

No comments:

Post a Comment