Monday, September 13, 2010

Hair... and poop… all messy things... shirts... trash…

(Alex gets out of bed in the morning, but leaves Elly laid out flat on his pillow.)
Alex: I'll leave Elly here because I want her to be like a square, Daddy.

(Mommy is getting ready to leave for work.)
Claire (to Mommy): You going to work?
Mommy: I'm going to work.
Claire: Get your coffee!
Mommy: I'll get my coffee.
Claire: Bye-bye!
Mommy: Bye-bye.
Claire: Good (luck?) at work, Mommy!

(The weatherman is talking on TV.)
Alex: What is the man talking about?

Claire: Where is Mommy?


Claire: New soap!

Claire: Hi Daddy.
Daddy: Hi sweetie.
Claire: Why you talk to the man?


(Claire is playing with trains in her bed during nap time.)

Claire: I want (mumble).
Claire: Can you say “May I?”
Claire: May I please!

Claire: I want it! I want it!
Claire (whining): Uuuuuuuuh! Uh!
Claire: I, want, it!

Claire: Put your hands up! Hooray!
Claire: Your hands up! Hooray!
Claire: (Mumble) your hands up! Hooray!
Claire: Your hands up! Hooray!
(Claire claps.)

(Claire lays down her stuffed Sesame Street toys, and picks them up again.)
Claire: Up, down, up! Lie down. Lie down. Lie down. Lie down.
Claire: But me right back up! Right back up. Right back up. Right back up.
Claire: Lay back, back down! Lay back down. Lay back down. Lay back down. Lay back down. Lay back down.
(Claire suddenly scrambles all of the toys in her lap.)


Alex (to Claire): You blow the whistle and then I'll run away, okay?
(Claire goes into the pantry and closes the door behind her.)
Alex: No, you blow the whistle, and then I'll run away.
(Claire is still in the pantry.)
Alex: I need to tell you something. I need to tell you something.
(Alex opens the pantry door.)
Claire: NO!
(Claire closes the door.)
Alex: Knock knock.
(Claire opens the door.)
Alex: I need to tell you something, okay?
Claire: Okay.
Alex: You blow the whistle and then I'll run away.

(Alex goes into the pantry and closes the door behind him.)
Claire (trying to open the door): I tell you something, uh, you, blow your whistle, uh, you, blow your --
Alex: No! No!

(Alex and Claire are running around, and Alex crashes into Claire.)
Alex: I love you Claire.
Claire (running away): You -- you love me, Ah-yah!

(Claire goes into the pantry, and peeks her head out.)
Claire: I in here, Mommy! I in here, Daddy!
Daddy: Are you in there?
Claire: I in my kitchen. I make.

(Claire goes into the pantry, and closes the door behind her. After a moment, she opens the door a bit and peeks her head out.)
Claire: It's dark in here, Daddy! It's dark!
Daddy: Yeah, I bet it is.
Claire: Yeah.
(Claire closes the door again.)


Mommy (complaining about the dirty floor): It's all dusty and dead bugs.
Alex (wandering around): Hair... and poop… all messy things... shirts... trash…


(Claire is late for washing hands.)
Daddy: Claire! It's time to wash hands!
Claire (running into the kitchen): I cleaning up my mess. I cleaning up my mess.


(dinner)

Alex: Where does the pizza man get the pizza?

Claire: It really really hot.
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: Maybe the pizza man put it in the oven.
Mommy: I bet he did.

Mommy: Who'd you play with today, Claire?
Claire: Um, cupcakes.
Alex: Who'd you play with at school?
Claire: Um… just my friends.
Alex: What friend?
Claire: Um, Campbell.
Alex: You played with Campbell?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Who else?
Claire: Uh and my friends.
Alex: Who else, Claire, who else are your friends?
Claire: Um, cupcakes.

Claire: Ah-yah don't have Miss Whitney, I have Miss Whitney.

Alex: Mommy?
Mommy: Mm-hm?
Alex: The best part of my class was jumping on the big red trampoline.

(Mommy expresses her desire to jump on the trampoline too.)
Alex: When you're littler, you can do it.

Alex: Is Mommy gonna be little again?
Daddy: No.
Alex: Why?
Daddy: Because people don't get littler.
Alex: I'll stay like a daddy every day?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Oh, why?


Alex (to Claire): Say “That's not a hat! And you're not a cat!” Okay, Claire?
Claire: You're not a cat.
Alex: And that's not a hat.
Claire: That's not a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment