Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Foo on it, Daddy!

(Grommie starts barking at the front window.)
Alex: Grommie heard the brown truck.
Daddy: Maybe.
Alex: Grommie heard some kinda truck.


Alex: I'm excited that Nana's gonna pick me up.


(Daddy picks Claire up from school.)
Claire: Where is you park?


Alex: Can we go in the playroom?
Mommy: Well, I need to make dinner, I think some people are getting cranky.
Alex: Well, I don't want any people to get cranky.


Claire: It hot in my swing, uh put a towel in there, it hot.


Daddy: Alex, what's a sombrero?
Alex: A hat. A kind of hat.

Daddy: Alex, what is a windmill?
Alex: Um a tower...
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: ...And it has a wheel on it!


(Daddy gives Claire a kiss.)
Claire: You going to work, Daddy?

Claire: Do you want a cupcake, Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: Okay.
(Claire gives Daddy a toy cupcake.)
Claire: Do you want two cupcakes? Say “please”.
Daddy: Please?
(Claire gives Daddy another toy cupcake.)
(Daddy pretends to eat the cupcake.)
Claire: Foo on it, Daddy!

Claire: Where you going, Daddy?

Daddy: Hey Alex, I promised you we'd listen to some music.
Alex (shrieking): LISTEN TO SOME MUSIC! YAY - YAY - YAY! EVERYBODY RUN, TOO!

Alex: Daddy, after Mommy gets Grommie to go poop, or pee, then you can turn the music on because I don't wanna miss it.
Daddy: Okay.
Claire: I don't wah miss it, Daddy!

(The music starts.)
Alex (shrieking): DANCE, MOMMY!!!!
Alex (shrieking): RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN EVERYBODY! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!


Alex (to Daddy): I wanna poop too, so you need to go and Claire can stay here.
Daddy: Okay.
(Daddy steps out of the bathroom and stands in the hall.)
Alex: I don't want to see you.
Daddy: Okay, I'll go over here where you can't see me.
(Daddy moves to the side of the doorway where he can’t be seen.)
(Pause.)
Alex: I don't want to see your shadow either.

No comments:

Post a Comment