Saturday, September 18, 2010

I wish I could be big and I could build. For real.

(Daddy is dressing Claire.)
Claire: Dat pretty shirt.
Daddy: I think it’s pretty too.
Claire: Uh show Mommy it.


(Daddy, Alex, and Claire leave the house to go for a drive.)

Alex: Did you fix the garage door?
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: The man fixed our house. It not leaking now, it not leaking.

(Daddy is wearing his baseball cap.)
Alex (to Daddy): Why do you have your school hat on?

Alex: I wish I could be big and I could build. For real.

Alex: I wish I could walk on the roof, just like the men at the new preschool. And I could put bricks on it.

Alex: I'm sleeping in the car the whole - the wh - the whole time.
Daddy: Okay.
(Pause.)
Alex: ‘Cause I'm tired.
(Pause.)
Claire: I'm tired too. I'm tired, Daddy. I'm tired.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Are we almost there?
Claire: That green light, now it red.


Alex: Swiper, no swiping! Swiper, no swiping!
Claire: Oh man!
Claire: No find it now. No find it now!

Mommy (cutting sandwiches with her new dinosaur-shaped cutter): Oh look at your cute little dinosaur sandwiches.
Alex (running over): Oh I wanna go see them, I wanna go see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment