Friday, April 2, 2010

What happened to our big tree? It got chopped down. It got chopped down a little bit.


Alex: What happened to our big tree? It got chopped down. It got chopped down a little bit.

Alex: The boys are not on their jumper, right now, because they're going down for nap.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Just like I am. But where's my cars? Can you find them?


(after nap)

Alex: Where's the bag, where my jelly beans, and where my candy is?


(Alex and Claire eat some of their Easter egg candy.)

Alex: When is the candy gonna get outta my mouth, Mommy?
Mommy: It takes a while. I don’t know.
Alex: Can someone get it out? Um, the little pieces out? Not stuck now.
Mommy: It's not good for your teeth.
Claire: I like it.
Mommy: I know but it's not good for your teeth.
Alex: I like it too.

Alex: Jellybeans and candy and chocolate and… pumpkin muffin… and… … … special treats, I think.


(Daddy is playing Lips: Party Classics.)
Daddy: Daddy went Super Nova! I'm not just a Sunday Soloist any more, I'm a Contest Winner!
(Pause.)
Alex: Is that a joke?


(dinner)

Alex: After dinner, can I eat the rest of my eggs?

Daddy: Do you like the pork?
Alex: Yeah.
Alex: Um -- um, jelly beans are candy too.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Um -- I like candy.
Daddy: Okay.

Daddy: What else is candy?
Alex: Um… I don't know.
Alex: I think chocolate.
Daddy: Why do you think that?
Alex: Um, I don't know.
Mommy: You're right, Alex. That's right. Candy -- chocolate is candy. Jelly beans, that's candy.
Alex: Um after some jelly beans, after um, um, dinner, I can have some of the candy I had for snack.
Mommy: What are you saying? You can open an egg and have the jelly beans outta the egg.
Alex: And I can have one more. Okay?

(At her request, Daddy gives Claire a piece of tomato. She tries it.)
Claire (shaking head): I don't like tomato. I don't like it.

Alex: I'm eating too much, so, I think I have to get down.

Alex: I have to get down.
Mommy: Why?
Alex: Because, my tummy gonna hurt if I eat too much.

Claire: Stop it.
Alex: You stop it.
Claire: You stop it.
Alex: No I'm not being mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment