Friday, April 23, 2010

Mommy two head.

(Alex and Daddy are talking about the recycling truck.)
Alex: That’s what I did yesterday, with Miss Woody.
Daddy: You recycled stuff?
Alex: Yeah, I threw away paper and plastic.


Alex (surveying the train table): There’s no trains that have faces on them.

Alex: Hey Daddy, can you get some trains that have faces on them to pull these coaches?


Alex: Hey Grandma! Graaandma.
Grandma: Yes darlin’.
Alex: Dinner’s ready, can you eat with me?


(Daddy is lying on the sofa with his eyes closed.)
Claire: Daddy?
Daddy: Hi Claire.
Claire: Open your eyes please.


Daddy: Where’s your chin?
Claire: There.
Daddy: Where’s your forehead?
Claire: There.
Claire: Mommy two head.
Daddy: Mommy has two heads?
Claire: Yeah.

Daddy: Where’s your cheek?
Claire: Right there.


Claire: Uh shade up.


(Grommie – having rolled in his own poop – is banished to the deck, and Claire is inside. Claire holds her hand up to Grommie through the glass in the back door.)
Claire (to Grommie): Uh lick. Uh lick. Uh lick.
Claire (to Daddy): Uh doggie lick me.
Claire: Uh let him in please.
Claire: Uh let him in please.
Claire: Uh, let, him, in, please.
(Pause.)
Claire: Uh let him in please, Daddy.
Daddy: I can’t let him in, because he’s all dirty.

Claire: Hey! Uh eh lick me. Hi doggie.
(Grommie runs off into the yard.)
Claire: Uh Grommie, is.
(Claire runs to the kitchen window to find Grommie.)
Claire (seeing Grandma): Grandma! There.
Claire: Grandma. Grandma. Uh play. Now. Uh Grandma is.

Claire (looking out the back door again): Dat!
Mommy: Water table.
Claire: Oh, water table. Uh play ‘f it. Uh play ‘f it. Uh play wif it, Mommy.


(dinner time)

Alex: Oh no!
Mommy: What?
Alex: My fork fell in my water and then it got all wet!
Mommy: Oh no.


Alex: Grommie licked me a little bit on my tummy.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: He must love me.


(Alex and Claire are looking out Claire’s window.)
Alex: There’s – there’s Oakley’s cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment