Friday, April 9, 2010

Is the balloon still singing at Meg's house?


(waking up from nap)
Claire: I’m poopy. Again.
Mommy: You’re poopy?
Claire: Yeah. Again.
Claire: Again.
Claire: Again.
Mommy: You’re poopy again?
Claire: Yeah.


(snack time)

Mommy: I’m gonna go see if the cat wants to go outside.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Oakley’s cat?
Mommy: Yeah, Oakley’s cat.

(Daddy closes one of the three window blinds beside the kitchen table.)
Alex: I want the other windows closed. I don’t like having any sun in the house.


Alex: Can we take our shoes off at Meg's party?


Claire: Hi Daddy!
Daddy: Hi Claire!
Claire: Hi Daddy!
Daddy: Hi Claire!
Claire: Hi Mommy!
Mommy: Hi Claire!


(Daddy puts his watch on.)
Claire (to Daddy): Uh watch on.


(In the garage, Claire sees the garden owl.)
Claire: Hi owl! Hi owl!


(Claire, Alex, Mommy, and Daddy are in the car on the way to Meg’s birthday party.)

Alex: That's the high school.
Claire: Hi, school.
Alex: No, you don't say hi. High school.
Claire: High school.

Claire: Dog.
Alex: No, Claire, I don't see a dog. Out my window. Nowhere.
Claire: House.

Alex: Is Meg’s par – is Meg’s house this way?
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: Is this the high road?
Mommy: The highway, yeah.
Alex: Just like we went to see Doctor Din yesterday.

Alex: Are we going on this road now?
Mommy: Yep.
Alex: There's a whole field with things in there.

(Daddy gives Mommy a pop quiz.)
Daddy (to Mommy): What's Bert’s pigeon’s name?
(Pause.)
Daddy: Mommy?
Mommy: Um... Gertrude?
Daddy: No.
Alex: Bernice!
Daddy: That’s right!
Mommy: Good job, Alex!

Claire: Boo car! Boo car!
Daddy: It’s a orange truck.
Alex: Orange truck.
Claire: Orange truck.

Daddy: How many cars do you see, Claire?
Claire: Boo.
Alex: I see a lotta cars.
Claire: Lotta cars, yeah.

Alex: I saw a orange truck goin’ in there. That was crazy.

Alex: Oh, more bridges on this road! That was a long bridge.

(Mommy drives over some pot holes.)
Claire: Bumpy!

Alex: We’re in the shade right here.
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: Why are we in the shade, in our car?
Mommy: Because there's lots of tall trees beside us.
(Pause.)
Alex: Now it’s sunny.
Claire: Dampuns.
Alex: That's a big wall, that's silly, like we have at home, that's a different part.

Alex: Look at that big tower over there! By that building.

Claire: Buh building! Big building!

Claire: Big building. Big building.

Claire: Big - uh tower!

Claire: Big tower.
Claire: Big tower.
Claire: Big tower. Big tower.

Alex: I think there's more people to play with at Meg’s house.
Daddy: Like who? Who's gonna be there?
Alex: I think – I don’t know. I think there's more people, so we should go there to see more people there.

Claire: Big house.
Alex: Claire sees a big house there.
Mommy: Oh yeah?
Claire: Big house there.
Alex: It’s huge.


(Claire, Alex, Mommy and Daddy are driving home from Meg’s birthday party.)

Alex: Is the balloon still singing?
Mommy: What?
Alex: Is the balloon still singing at Meg’s house?
Daddy: Yeah, it probably is.
Mommy: Is what singing?
Daddy: The balloon.
Alex: I can't hear it.

Alex: Mommy, I saw a truck and how am I gonna eat two dinners?


(going up the stairs)
Alex: I’m the bigger one. And Claire’s little.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: Because I can hold hands. And I can go upstairs and downstairs.


Alex: Grommie licked me!
Daddy: He must love you.
Alex: Just like Maddie licked me a lot at Meg’s house.
Daddy: Oh, she did? She must like you too.
Alex: And my friend Grommie.


(in bed)
Alex: Is there breakfast and no school after this nap?
Daddy: Yes. There's breakfast and no school.
Alex: Okay.
Alex: I will have to play with my running stuff. ‘Cause I saw a movie with Alex playing with the running stuff yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment