Friday, April 30, 2010

Oh name Daddy.

(breakfast time)

(Claire is having trouble picking up a piece of banana.)
Claire (to Daddy): Help me.

(After Bob is over, Daddy turns on Pets.)
Claire: Uh watch uh breakfast.

(Daddy gives Alex and Claire some buttered toast.)
Claire: Buttered! Buttered!

(Alex is eating toast.)
Alex: I bit that hard.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: It was hard to do. It tried to hurt me.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: I tried to choke on it.
Daddy: Okay, don't do that.
Alex: That hurt my tummy.
Daddy: You be more careful and drink some water.
Alex: After I eat this toast.


(driving to the Taylors’ house)

Claire: Mommy? Uh Daddy.
Daddy: Daddy’s here.
Claire: Oh. Uh Mommy.
Daddy: Mommy’s here.
Claire: Oh.

Alex: I don't see Aunt Sheridan’s house yet. Is it down the highway?
Daddy: Yeah.

Claire: Big truck, Mommy.
Mommy: Yeah, big truck.
Claire: Big truck, Daddy.

Alex: Is that Oakley’s car?
Daddy: No, that's not Oakley’s car.
Alex: Why is it not Oakley’s car?
Daddy: Why is it not Oakley’s car?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: I don’t know.
Mommy: Because Oakley’s car’s green.
Alex: It looks like Oakley’s car.
Mommy: Yeah it does look like Oakley’s car.

Alex: That was bumpy. This is a bump road. They have to fix it.
Daddy: Yeah, they should.
Alex: The men have to fix it.
Daddy: What men?
Alex: There's no men around here, they're not fixin’ it right now. They're not out right now.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: It’s a long time to wait for them.

Alex: We’re turnin’ around the bend, Mommy.
Mommy: Yeah. Here we go!
Alex: Whee!

Alex: I'm sleepy so I'm tryin’ to sleep in the car but I can't ‘cause my neck hurts me... if I lie down.

Claire: Big truck.
Daddy: Big truck?
Claire: Yellow truck.

Daddy: What do you see, Claire?
Claire: Truck.
Daddy: Truck, yeah. Now Alex, you tell me what you see.
Alex: A lotta things over there!
Daddy: A lotta things over there, yeah. Claire, what do you see?
Claire: Tractors.
Daddy: Tractors, yeah!
Mommy: Good!

Alex (to Mommy): Are you still going really fast? And you’re not gonna hit anybody again?

(The car passes an abandoned store; someone is inside cleaning the windows.)
Alex: What is that store? Is that the cleaning store?

Daddy: What do you see out there?
Claire: Big building.
Daddy: Big buildings?
Claire: Yeah, Mommy.
Daddy: My name’s Daddy.
Claire: Oh name Daddy.

Alex (referring to the Taylors’ house): How can I play a lot there?
Daddy: How can you play a lot there?
Alex: Yeah. I like that house. It's a fun place to play on.


Alex: That’s amazing.
Mommy: You’re amazing.
Alex: You’re amazing.
Mommy: You’re amazing.
Alex: I’m not amazing.
Mommy: You’re amazing.
Alex: I’m not amazing.
Mommy: I’m amazing.
Alex: You’re not amazing.
Mommy: Yes I am.
Alex: No you’re not.
Mommy: Yes I am.
Alex: Okay.
(Mommy laughs.)
Alex: You’re my grandfather!

No comments:

Post a Comment