Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Grommie? Grommie! I mulch, you.


Alex: I think the roof’s leaking, Daddy. I think the roofers need to come and fix it. I hear the roof leaking.


Alex: I think you have to clean up Grommie’s poop. So we don’t step in it. ‘Cause it’s yucky.
Daddy: Yeah, we don’t want to step in it.
Alex: In dog poop, or cat poop.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Or in boys’ and daddies’, or mommies’ and girls’ poop.


Alex: I wish I could go to preschool. Or high school. But I’m not bigger yet.


(Mommy is putting Claire’s shoes on her.)
Mommy: Okay, let's put that shoe on this foot.
Claire: That. Shoe. On. This. Foot.


(Playing with Grommie in the backyard. Grommie eats everything the kids give him.)

Alex: Can I give Grommie a stick?
Daddy: Yeah.

Alex: Is this a stick, Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, that's a stick.

(Claire gives Grommie a stick.)
Claire: I gih, a stih!
Alex: That's nice, Claire. Is he happy?

Alex: Here, Grommie.
Alex: I gave him another stick. He's happy.

Alex: Don't give him another stick, Claire, he's still biting on the one I gave him.

Claire: Big stick.

Alex: Is this a stick, Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, that's a stick.

Alex: Is this a stick, Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, that's a stick.

Alex: Can he have a pine needle? Can he have a pine needle, Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah, he can have a pine needle.

Alex: Grommie likes to eat pine needles too!

Alex: I can't eat mulch, ‘cause I'm not a dog. I eat foods that Mommy makes for me.
Daddy: Yeah, and Mommy doesn't make mulch.

Alex: Can I give Grommie another piece of mulch?
Daddy: Yeah.

Claire: Uh throw, uh Grommie, mulch.

Alex: I got two, two treats for Grommie. Maybe he would like that.
Claire: Grommie?! Grommie?!
(Claire gives Grommie a stick.)
Claire: Uh one! Stick!

Alex: Grommie, I have another treat for you!

Claire: Grommie? Grommie! I mulch, you.

Alex (to Daddy): Can you get my hands not cold any more?


(back inside the house)
Alex: Why did you bring mulch inside, Claire?


Alex: I saw a ladybug at school today.

No comments:

Post a Comment