Saturday, April 10, 2010

It’s for grown-ups, Claire. When you’re ten you can drink coffee.


(Claire looks out her bedroom window.)
Claire: Uh bunny is?


Claire: Uh-oh. I droppa – my Juju.


(Alex is watching Cars, and the cars drive past a waterfall.)
Claire: Waterfall!


(Claire is leaving for the doctor with Mommy.)
Claire: Bye Daddy!
Daddy: Bye Claire.
Claire: Uh hug kiss.


(Snack time. Alex and Claire have their first taste of Multi-Grain Cheerios.)

Alex (running back and forth): I’m not chokin’ on my Cheerio.
Mommy: Good.
Alex (running back and forth): I’m just runnin’ backwards and forwards.

Alex (running back and forth): I like it! I like my new Cheerios.
Alex (running back and forth): They’re yummy. I’m excited!

Alex: Grommie ate one o’ my Cheerios, ‘cause I dropped one chocolate Cheerio on the floor. So he ate it.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: That’s what dogs do when boys and girls do that.

(Claire is examining Daddy’s coffee.)
Alex: It’s for grown-ups, Claire. When you’re ten you can drink coffee.

Daddy: Do you wanna listen to music? I could play music on my computer.
Alex: No, not today.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: I wanna do a different game.
Daddy: Okay, let’s do a different game.
Alex: We’re not doing that today.
Daddy: No, we’re not doing that today.
Alex: That’s not my choice.


(Alex and Claire just finished finding Easter eggs in the back yard, and are sitting on the deck opening the eggs.)

Daddy: Tell Mommy "thank you".
Alex: Thank you.
Claire: Thank you, Mommy, uh bucket, (mumble) eh -- eggs.

Alex: I’m just sitting here, eating things, and opening things. And I had a lot of fun out there, in the backyard.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: I had a lot of fun finding eggs.

Alex: I want some more toys, but I didn’t know how to get some. There might be some more inside. I’m gonna go look.
(Claire and Alex go inside to get some toys.)
Alex (to Claire): It might be heavy if you get something heavy.


(Alex sees the cookie box, with a picture of Cookie Monster on it.)
Alex: Cookie Monster’s makin’ some cookies, that’s silly. He loves cookies!
Daddy: Yeah, he does.
Alex: He’s pretending to be shuff. He’s shuff.
Daddy: Chef, yeah!


(In the car, Daddy’s DS beeps.)
Mommy (to Daddy): Is that your game?
Alex: What game did you say?
Mommy: You don’t miss a thing, do you?
(Pause.)
Alex: What?


(riding in the car)
Alex: We forgot the Life cereal!


(Alex is playing Dinner.)
Alex: I forgot to buy the green beans and carrots, with chocolate chips, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment