Sunday, April 25, 2010

HI BIRRRRRRRRRRRRD!

(Daddy wakes up Claire.)
Claire: Uh Mommy?

(Alex is still in bed.)
Alex (calling out): Daddy?
Daddy (from Claire’s room): Yes Alex?
Alex: Are you wakin’ up Claire?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: I wanna wake up Claire up too.
Daddy: Okay.
(Alex gets out of bed and runs into Claire’s room, where the light is on.)
Alex: I can’t see because it’s too shiny in here. It’s really shiny in here.


(downstairs)
Alex: I wanna watch Cars.
Daddy: What do you wanna watch, Claire?
Claire: Pets.


(breakfast)
Alex: Hey Daddy, can you get me some more window Life cereal? My special treat!


(Claire and Alex are pushing cars. Alex stops when he gets to Daddy.)
Alex: When I race, Daddy, steam comes outta this thing, when it turns into things.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
(Alex pushes his car away.)
(Claire stops when she gets to Daddy, mumbles something to him, and runs off.)

(Daddy opens the window, at Alex’s request, so Alex and Claire can say hi to Oakley.)
Alex: Hi Oakley!
Claire: Hi Oagey!
Alex: He looked at me, Daddy!
Daddy: Yeah, he must have heard you.
Alex: He must love me too.
Claire: Hi Oagey, hi Oagey, hi Oagey, hi Oagey.

Alex: Claire, can you come play with me?!
Claire: Buuuuuug!
Alex: Where’s there a bug?
Claire: There!

(Alex comes into the bathroom to see Daddy.)
Alex: I needed to tell you something while I was running.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
Alex: Ah-keesta, dah-berdots!
Daddy: Okay.


(Alex is shouting out the window.)
Alex: Hi bird! Hi bird!! HI BIRD!! HI BIRD!
Alex (shouting at the top of his lungs): HI BIRRRRRRRRRRRRD!
Daddy: Who are you talking to, Alex?
Alex: I’m talkin’ to that little bird out there.
Daddy: Oh okay.
Alex: I’m not tryin’ to scare him away.
Daddy: Okay.


(Mommy and Claire are working the Thomas jigsaw puzzle. Claire picks up a puzzle piece.)
Mommy: Where should that one go, Claire?
Claire: Oh, that’s Topham, Hatt! It fits, there!
(Claire attempts to put the piece into the puzzle, unsuccessfully.)


Alex: Buh, buh, B starts with bookstore.
Daddy: That’s right.

Alex (to Daddy): Your car looks like Doc.


Mommy (to Claire): Are you smart?
Mommy (to Claire): Are you smart?
Daddy: Claire, are you smart?
Claire: No. I’m Claire.


(Claire hiccups.)
Claire: Burp.


(Mommy has gone to the store.)
Alex: Did Mommy go get things?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: That we don’t have?
Daddy: Yeah.


(snack time)

(Mommy is washing strawberries.)
Alex: If you didn’t have a sink, you wouldn’t wash food! That’d be silly.

Alex: Can I have four strawberries?
Alex (holding up four fingers): This is four, Daddy.
Daddy: That’s right! Show Mommy!
(Alex shows Mommy.)
Mommy: Good job, Alex. How old are you?
Alex: Three.

No comments:

Post a Comment