Thursday, April 22, 2010

Uh bump my head! Uh bump my head!

(Daddy is getting Alex ready to go downstairs for breakfast.)
Alex: What’s Mommy doing?
Daddy: She’s probably eating breakfast.
Alex: Maybe she’s working on her paper. ‘Cause she has a lot of work to do.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: I think she’s working in her garden box again. Because it’s nice outside.


Alex: I have to scratch me because I have a itch.


(Alex notices his raincoat on the coat rack.)
Alex (to Claire): When you’re bigger, you can wear that. But you’re not bigger yet.
Alex (to Daddy): She’s not bigger, right?
Daddy: Right.


Claire: Uh bump my head! Uh bump my head!
Daddy: Did you bump your head?
Claire: No.
Claire: Uh bump my head!
Daddy: Did you bump your head?
Claire: Yeah.


Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, Alex.
Alex: You know why I didn’t wanna get down, when I was chewing it up?
Daddy: Why?
Alex: Because I didn’t wanna get crumbs everywhere, you forgot a wipe.


(Grommie accidentally kicks a toy van that’s lying on the floor.)
Alex: Oops, that was a car. Or a truck. One time it lived in my bed and his name was Doc.

Daddy: Did you have fun at school, kiddo?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: What did you do?
Alex: I… don’t know!


Alex: Hey a bug in here, Daddy.
Daddy: Neat.
Alex: What?
Daddy: Neat.
Alex: That’s not neat.
Daddy: Oh, it’s not?
Alex: Yeah that’s not funny because the bug is gonna have to go outside and fly away back to his home. This is not his home. This is our home. And he has to go out.

(Daddy takes the bug outside.)
Daddy: Go away, bug.
Alex: Is he outside, Daddy?
Daddy: Yes.
Alex: Oh. I want him to go away from our house. Did he fly away?
Daddy: Yes, he did.
Alex: There is he again! He’s on our window. Neat!

Alex: He’s going all the way up high.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment