Wednesday, April 28, 2010

He doesn’t have a name. Birds are not name.

(Callum has come over for a play date. Alex is on the slide.)
Alex: Hey Callum! Hey Callum, look at my playground. Look at this.


Daddy: What’s wrong, buddy?
Alex: Claire was being mean to me.
Daddy: She was being mean to you?
Alex: Yeah she was takin’ my Cookie Monster.


Alex (from the other room): Daddy, do you wanna play trains?
Alex (from the other room): Daddy, do you wanna play trains?
Alex (from the other room): Daddy, do you wanna play trains?
Daddy: Yes, I do!
Claire: Topham Hat!
(Daddy comes to play trains with Claire and Alex.)

Claire (to Daddy, holding a train): Uh job.

Alex: Daddy, I wanna make a new track ‘cause this track’s really old now.
Daddy: Oh. Uh, how long have we had this track?
Alex: Uh, a long time.


(Alex and Claire are playing Kitchen.)

Alex: That’s my choice, so you have to do that right now.
Daddy: What do I have to do?
Alex: You – you be to my kitchen while I’m makin’ dinner! That’s your choice.

Alex (to Daddy): You don’t have any food, because you're not hungry, right?
Daddy: Right.
Alex: This is all for Mommy.

Alex: Hey, Claire took my chips! Claire, can you please give my chips back?


(dinner time)

Claire: Uh eat uh pasta.
Daddy: You’re eating pasta?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Daddy? This is hot. This is hot. You have to wait for it to cool.

(Claire wants some of Mommy’s hamburger.)
Mommy: Honey. I already put mustard on it.
Claire: Oh mustard.
Mommy: You don’t like mustard.
Claire: I like uh mustard please.

Alex (to Daddy): You can take me a bath and Mommy can take Claire a bath, because Claire likes Mommy better.

(Mommy asks Claire to come upstairs for bath.)
Mommy: Come on, punkin.
Claire: I’m coming please.


Alex (to Daddy): Can we find someplace for me to hide so I can poop?
Daddy: Why don’t you poop in the potty?
Alex: No potty, I’m not potty trained yet.
Daddy: But you could get a piece of chocolate.
Alex: Not today. I’m almost really big.


(Alex is looking out the window at a bird.)
Alex: He doesn’t have a name. Birds are not name.


Alex: Before Callum went home, I didn’t get to say hello to the boys. And that was not… gonna happen.


(Claire has the book that Alex was planning to read at bed time – although it’s not Alex’s bedtime just yet.)
Alex: Oh Claire has it. Claire has my night time book. Claire, that's supposed to be my night time book.
Daddy: And it still can be.
Alex (excitedly): Do you have candy? Up here? For me?
Daddy (carefully enunciating the last two words): No, I said it still can be.
Alex: Candy?

No comments:

Post a Comment