Thursday, April 29, 2010

I don’t know. Good night.

Alex: I mean I'm talking about that toy too, but I don't know what I'm talkin’ about today.

(Daddy comes home from work.)
Claire: Daddy’s home!
Mommy: Is Daddy home?
(Claire crawls on the floor.)
Claire (to Daddy): Uh dog.


(Alex and Claire put on a fashion show with Mommy’s running stuff.)

Claire: Me! Me!

Alex: Look at me, now I'm cute again!


(Alex and Claire play Kitchen.)

Alex: The cookies are burning!

Alex: Ka-chow!
Claire: Ka-chow.
Alex: That's what Lightning says.
Claire: Lightning says.
Alex: Ka-chow!

Alex: Claire, do we have any cheese here?
Claire: Yeah. Uh cheese here.
Alex: We don’t have any – we didn’t make any candy!

(Claire stops playing Kitchen, and starts playing trains.)
Alex: Are you playing trains?
Claire: Yeah.
(Alex starts playing trains too.)
Alex: Then there was trouble!
Alex: What happened, Daisy?
Daisy: I don’t know, nothing happened.
(Pause.)
Claire: Uh-oh.
Alex: Uh-oh.

Alex (to Claire): Are you not playing with this coach now?
(Claire says something inaudible.)
Alex: You look like –
Claire: Uh play with it.
Alex: But you look like you’re not playing with it.

Alex (to Claire): You can’t have all o’ dem, Claire, because then, you have to share.


(Daddy is playing Lips: Party Classics.)

Alex: Can Claire pick first? She didn’t pick in a long time.

Alex: I need something to hold my feet up. I’m using the table to hold my feet up. Okay, Mommy?
Mommy: Okay.
Alex: Because I need something to hold my feet up.


(dinner time)

(A siren can be heard in the distance.)
Claire: Fire engine.
Alex: Fire engine.
Claire: Uh oranges.
Mommy: You want some oranges?
Claire: Uh chi – more chicken please.

Alex: I ate some chicken with barbecue sauce. I dipped it.
Daddy: Excellent work, Alex. I’m so proud.
Alex: That was yummy.

Alex: I’m filling up my mouth, with, um, orange cheese.
Alex: That’s why I’m getting a lot in my mouth. Because I’m really hungry.
Alex: I like to eat.

Alex: Can I have more chicken and barbecue sauce?
(Daddy looks at Alex and says nothing.)
Alex: May I please?
(Daddy looks at Alex and says nothing.)
Alex: May I have chicken and barbecue sauce please?
Daddy: Okay!

Alex: There’s the barbecue sauce, right over there, by the bananas. In the morning, for breakfast. They might be still brown.

Alex: Mommy?
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: If we – can we look at pictures and do movies? We didn’t do that in a long time.
Daddy: No, we’re not gonna do that tonight, it’s too late. We’re gonna hafta go upstairs right after dinner.
Alex: But, we didn’t do that in a long time. For a little bit, okay? For just a minute. Okay?
Daddy: No.
Alex (whining): I want to!

Alex: And can we do the silly thing? That I saw yesterday?
Daddy: What silly thing?
Alex: It gets all over your face.

Alex: Just for a minute. For one minute.
Alex: Okay?
Daddy: No I don’t want it all over my face.
Alex (angrily): One time! I mean, for a minute!
Daddy: Don’t yell at me.
Alex: I have to.
Daddy: Why?
Alex: Because you’re not being nice.
Daddy: I’m just saying that I don’t wanna get water all over my face. I’m sorry.
Alex: I wanna go potty.


(Alex wants to say hi to the boys.)
Alex: I could say one time… or two times.
(Pause.)
Alex: Or, if I could say three times.


Mommy: How many days until your party?
Alex: Um, I think on Sunday.
Mommy: It is on Sunday, yeah!

(Mommy turns the page on the calendar, and Claire sees a picture of Grandma.)
Claire: Oh! Grandma!

Daddy: Alex, what are we gonna do at your party?
Alex: I don’t know. Good night.


Alex: Can we say – can we say – uh – can we say quiet time, and say Claire’s sleeping? Let’s say quiet time. Can we do that a lot this time? Can we do that again?
Daddy: Yeah, we can do that.
Alex: Can – can you say it to me?


Alex: Yay, clean-up time!


Daddy: Shall we go upstairs?
Alex (in a monotone): Yeeeeeesss, noooooo, not yeeeeeet

No comments:

Post a Comment