Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No neek.


Alex: I want Grommie to lick me.
Daddy: Well you can offer your hand, and see if he wants to lick you. Be nice.
Alex: He licked mine!
Claire: He licked mine! Fingers!

Alex: He licked the other hand, Daddy!
Claire: Other hand, Daddy!


(Alex and Claire are playing Dinner.)

Alex: Daddy, I got a doughnut for you! I made it in the microwave.
Daddy: Thank you!
Alex: We’re still makin’ dinner. Don’t say it’s time for school yet, ‘cause we’re still makin’ dinner.

Claire (giving Daddy some toy food): Hot. Hot. Hot.

Alex: Claire, let's go make some more.
Claire (giving Daddy some toy food): Daddy plate. Hot.
Daddy: Oh is this for me?
Claire: Yeah. Hot.


(Instead of getting into the car for school, Alex is distracted by birdwatching.)

Alex: Daddy, I saw a bird walkin’ on the street!

Alex: Another bird went in our tree!

Alex: Let’s look at birds for a little bit.


Alex: I'm gonna be happy at school today.
Daddy: Oh good!


(Daddy comes home from work, where Alex and Claire are playing with Mr. Potato Head.)

Alex: Daddy! We were playing potato head!
Claire: Tato. Head.

Claire (pointing to a potato head): Daddy? Ay-yah.
Daddy: Is that Ay-yah?
Claire: Yeah.

Alex: I wanted that one, with the red nose.
Claire: ‘Kay.
(Claire gives Alex the piece with the red nose.)

Alex: I gave my family a timeout.
Mommy: You did? What did they do?
Alex: They're doing mean things.


(dinner time)

Alex: I want -- I want some more pizza.
Daddy: I want -- I want a million dollars.
(Alex laughs. )
Daddy: May I have a million dollars please?
Mommy: Sure.
Alex: Are you gonna eat all of it?
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: No I'm gonna eat all of it.
(Alex pretends to grab something from Daddy and eat it.)
Alex (smiling): I ate all of it.

Daddy: Claire, what do you say when someone sneezes?
Claire: (Gomma?) sneeze.
(Daddy pretends to sneeze. )
Claire: Bless you.

Claire: Again. Again.
Daddy: What do you want me to do?
Claire: Eyes.
Daddy: Alex?
Claire: Eyes.
Daddy: Do you want me to sneeze again?
Claire: Eyes.
Daddy: You want me to talk to Alex?
Claire: Eyes.
Daddy: Oh, eyes.
(Daddy does the funny thing with his eyes that Claire likes.)
(Claire laughs. )
Claire: Eyes. Again.

Claire: Uh more pizza. Please.

Alex: Sit over dey-yer! Over day-yer!
Mommy: Alex, you sound like you're from Alabama.
Alex: No.
Daddy: Are you from Mississippi?
Alex: No.
Daddy: Arkansas?
Alex: No.
Daddy: Tennessee?
Alex: No.
Daddy: Kentucky?
Alex: No.
Daddy: Georgia?
Alex: No.
Daddy: South Carolina?
Alex: No.
Daddy: Virginia?
Alex: No.
Daddy: You are from Virginia.
Alex: No.
Daddy: You're from Richmond, Virginia.
Alex: No.
Daddy: Claire, what does Alex say?
Claire: No.

(Daddy’s being silly.)
Daddy: Neek.
Daddy: Neek.
Daddy: Neek.
Claire: No neek.


(Alex and Daddy are playing Going to Pablo’s House.)
Daddy: Where's Pablo's house?
Alex: It's right here.
Daddy: Well where's Pablo?
Alex: He's still sleeping.
Daddy: Well maybe he should wake up.
Alex: He wants to stay in his bed cause he has, his arm hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment