Saturday, April 3, 2010

Uh baby chip beep. Uh hot!


Alex: I'm not nice! You are not nice to me.
Claire: Ay-yah. Not nice!
Alex: No, you're not nice.
Claire: Uh. Not. Nice!

Claire: Play. Me.
Mommy: What, honey?
Claire: Play, with me.

(Claire is going into the pantry and closing the door behind her.)
Claire: Bye bye bye. Bye bye bye. Bye.
(Claire opens the door and pokes her head out of the pantry.)
Claire: Bye. Oh, see you later.
(Claire closes the door again.)


(Claire and Alex are feeding the baby.)

Claire: Hot.
Claire: Hot.
Claire: Baby, hot.
Alex: There's enough room on the plate, right Claire?
Alex: There.
Claire: Cup.
(Alex laughs. )
Alex: Drink. That's silly.

Alex: We're making a lot of dinner for the baby.
Claire: Hot.
Claire: Baby hot.
Daddy: That’s right.
Claire: Baby hot.
Alex: That's not pineapple. That's not pineapple. Her hand is not pineapple. It looks like pineapple.
Claire: Eat it.

Claire: Chip. Uh lick it. Chip.
Alex (using microwave): Beep! Rrrrrrrr! Beep!
Claire: Baby's.

Claire (taking chip over to microwave): Uh baby chip beep. Uh hot!
(Claire puts the chip in the microwave, waits, then takes it out.)
Alex: Are you ready yet Claire?
Claire: Yeah. Beep.

Alex: We're making her a lot of food.

(Claire puts the chip in the microwave again.)
Claire: Beeeeeep. Uuuuuuuuuh. Yay.
(Claire opens the microwave and takes the chip out.)

Alex: We're ready now, Claire. Just one more thing you need?
Claire: Chip. Hot!

(Alex has brought in a chair from the kitchen, and is sitting in it with some toy food.)
Alex: Claire, can you get my french fry please? I dropped it when I got in my chair. On the floor.

Alex: Claire, get my chicken! I'm droppin' things, Claire.

(Claire brings Alex a stool from the kitchen.)
Alex: Why did you bring a stool?
Claire: Me. Ay-yah!
Alex: Ah -- Alex's stool?
Claire: Yah.
Alex: And go get your stool. To sit on your chair.
(Claire runs off.)
Alex: Go get your chair, too, okay?
Claire (from the other room): 'Kay.

(Claire comes back with her stool, then goes back and brings the rug for under her stool.)
Alex: Is that your rug?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: And I need my rug?
Claire: 'Kay.
(Claire runs off to the kitechen.)
Alex: Are we building our house?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: But I thought we were gonna eat.
Alex: Claire, you wanna eat?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: 'Kay.
(Claire comes back with Alex's rug.)
Alex: Is that one for me?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Is that my stool for me?
Claire: Yeah.
(Claire puts Alex's rug under his stool.)
Alex: Get it under my stool please.
Claire: 'Kay.
Alex: That’s where I gonna get down.

Alex (to Daddy): Claire's fixin' up my chair.
Daddy: Claire, that's nice of you.
Alex (to Daddy): I'm asking Claire things that I want Claire to do for me. Up in my chair. Because I can't do that. I'm up in my chair so I can't do it. Because I'm busy, ready to -- start eating.

Alex: Oops, I dropped my chicken again!
Claire: ‘Kay.
(Claire gets Alex's chicken for him.)
Alex: Thank you.
Claire: Thank you.
Alex: I need more dinner please!
Claire: ‘Kay!
(Claire brings Alex a french fry.)
Alex: Put it in the washing machine, Claire, before you make those french fries.
Claire: Washing machine.
(Claire puts the french fry in the washing machine.)
Alex: Yeah that’s where it is, the red door.


(Alex and Claire are eating snack on the front porch, and watching white petals blow from the tree.)

(Daddy tells Alex about petals.)
Alex: And the other part about what holds the flower up is called the stem.
Daddy: That’s right!
Alex: That’s what I learned about at school.

Claire: Airplane!
Daddy: What?
Claire (making a circling motion with her finger): Airplane, a, round, the, house!

(The wind blows more petals off of the tree.)
Claire: Snow!
Alex: It’s snowing again, Daddy!
Claire: Snow, ‘gain, Daddy.

Daddy: Can I have your strawberries?
Alex: A – a bee went over our roof!
Daddy: Oh.
Alex (handing strawberry to Daddy): Just one, okay?
Daddy: Aw, thank you!

Alex: More of it! More snow!
Claire: More snow!
Alex: Snow went everywhere!
Claire: Eh-vee-where.

(Alex sees an empty Gatorade bottle, which Mommy uses for watering the flowers.)
Alex: Get more juice. I mean egg. That’s Daddy’s drink.

Alex: Daddy, can you make it snow again?


(getting in bed for bedtime)
Alex: FedEx truck.
Alex: FedEx truck.
Daddy: What are you saying about a FedEx truck?
Alex: We're in a FedEx truck. Driving around.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: Rrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment