Friday, May 14, 2010

You don’t say yeah! You’re not nice, Claire!

(breakfast time)

(Alex and Claire are watching “Pets”.)
Boy With Guinea Pig: It’s fun to watch them eat.
Alex: It’s fun to watch them eat. It’s fun to watch them – it’s fun to watch guinea pigs eat. Guinea pigs are my favorite pet.

Alex: Ukrop’s is changing to a different store and I didn’t know what she was calling it.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: Ukrop’s is changing to a different store.

Alex: I can drink a lotta milk because it’s healthy.

Alex: I smell some – I smell some poop and gas.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: Claire are you poopy? I smell poop.
Claire: No.
Alex: Do you know where that’s coming from?
Claire: No!
Alex: No I was talking to Daddy!
Claire: No!
Alex: Yes!
Claire: No.
Alex: Yeah! I told him that!
Claire: No.
Alex: Yeah!
Claire: No.
Alex: Yeah!
Claire (losing interest and wandering off): Yeah.
Alex (shouting after her): You don’t say yeah! You’re not nice, Claire!

Alex: I like frogs, Daddy.

Alex: And after we go down to the landfill, and put trash in it, there’s gonna be a party at school!
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah I mean – that was another party!
Daddy: Neat!

(Claire sees a picture of herself on Daddy’s coffee mug.)
Claire (pointing): Claire! On there.
Daddy: Claire on there, yeah!
Claire: Hat!
Daddy: That’s right.
Claire: Oh shoes, walk!


(play time)

Alex: Are you not old anymore, Daddy?
Daddy: Am I not old anymore?
Alex: You said that yesterday!
Daddy: Oh, okay.
Alex: I wanna make dinner please. I wanna make dinner.
Daddy: You wanna make dinner?
Alex: Yeah. Uh make dinner.
Alex: And you can make dinner with us. Right?
Daddy: Yeah.

Alex (pointing to the toy kitchen): Daddy, are you gonna make dinner over there?
Daddy (sitting on the couch): No, I’m gonna make dinner over here.
Alex: Are you still old?
Daddy: Yeah I’m still old.
Alex: I thought you were gonna make dinner over there. How are you gonna be not old?
Daddy: I don’t know.
Alex: Because you’re tired? Because your leg is tired? Because your leg is tired every day? Why? Why is it tired every day?

Alex: Daddy c-could, why are you not gonna be old sometimes? Now why are you not gonna be old sometimes?

(Alex is standing beside the toy kitchen, holding a receipt.)
Alex: Did Santa Claus? He didn’t bring me a trash can? He didn’t bring me a trash can, Santa?
Daddy: No.
Alex: I was gonna throw this in the trash can.


(Mommy, Daddy, Alex, and Claire are driving to the landfill.)

Alex: What do they have at the landfill?
Alex (all in one breath): Just trash I never been to that playground Grommie’s excited.

Alex: Is the andfill [sic] in here?
Mommy: Yup.
Alex: Why is it in here?
Mommy: It’s just the way it is.

Alex: Grommie’s not gonna go to the party.
Alex: Grommie’s not gonna go to the party. Because he will scare my friends away.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Neer and Callum.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: Maybe all of them.
Daddy: Yeah.

Alex: And, I'm gonna be a Daddy but I can't drive.

Mommy: Hey, Alex, what's my name?
Alex: Um, Stavid.
Mommy (laughing): Close! Daddy’s name is David, what's my name?
Alex: Stephanie.
Mommy: That’s right!

No comments:

Post a Comment