Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mommy "oh shoot".

(Claire is playing trains. Grommie is lying next to the train table, in Claire’s way.)
Claire: I want play trains.
Claire: Daddy, I want play trains.
Daddy: Okay.
Claire: I want Grommie to move away, please.
Daddy: Okay. Let me get my computer.
Claire: I want watch Bob first.
Daddy: No, we’re not gonna watch Bob, we’re gonna play trains.
Claire: Okay.
Claire: I want Grommie to move away.

Claire: Uh Thomas. Uh Thomas is. Daddy, uh Thomas is?
Daddy: Where is Thomas?
Claire (picking up Thomas from right in front of her): Oh right there.

Claire (pretending not to see Thomas): Uh Thomas? Uh Thomas is? Uh Thomas?
Daddy: Where is Thomas?
Claire: Uh. See.
(Claire looks around.)
Claire: There Thomas!

(An airplane can be heard in the distance.)
Claire: Dat! Dat, Daddy.
Daddy: That’s an airplane!
Claire: Uh see it.
Daddy: You can look out the window and see if you can.
Claire: Okay.
(Claire looks out the window.)
Claire: Uh see it.
Daddy: You can’t see it?
Claire: No.
Daddy: Yeah it’s probably too far away.


(Alex and Claire are eating lunch. Mommy is in the family room, doing something on the computer.)
Mommy (muttering to herself): Oh, shoot.
Claire (laughing): Mommy “oh shoot”.


(playing trains again)
Claire (setting Elmo down on the airport): Elmo stay, right there.
Claire (setting Grover down on the airport): Grover stay, right there.


(Late at night, Claire is talking in her sleep.)
Claire: Uh go up. Uh go up.
Claire: Daddy, I wanna go up!
Claire (upset): Daddy! Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment