Saturday, May 8, 2010

Knock knock?! On the door?!

(Daddy is letting Grommie out.)
Alex: I wanna tell Grommie to go poo.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: Go poo!
(Grommie runs into the yard.)
Alex: He went.


(snack time)
Claire: I want more bear, please, Mommy. I want more bear.


(Daddy and Alex are on the play set, and neighbor Anthony is talking to Alex over the fence.)
Anthony: I have a joke for you. Knock knock.
Alex: Knock knock?!
Anthony: Knock knock.
Alex (incredulous): Knock knock?! On the door?!

Anthony: Knock knock.
Alex: Why’s you say that?

Anthony: Knock knock.
Alex (now having been instructed on the proper response): Who's there?
Anthony: Who.
Alex: Who! You tell me!

Anthony: What's your dad’s name?
Alex: That's Daddy.
Anthony: What’s your dad’s name? It can't be --
Alex: David!
Anthony: David?
Alex: Yeah!
Anthony: What's your Mom’s name?
Alex: David!
Anthony: David? It can’t be.


(dinner time)

(Mommy prints something.)
Alex: Your paper’s comin’ out Mommy. Can you leave it, so I can get it for you after dinner?

(Claire coughs.)
Alex: I think you have to do mask again, Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment