Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And Carter smacked Kate in the face. At circle time.

Alex: We can play trains if there’s no school. But there’s school today.
(Pause.)
Alex: What’s today?
Daddy: Today is Tuesday.
Alex: I like Tuesday!
(Pause.)
Alex: But Mondays are yucky. We don’t like Mondays.


(Claire and Alex are playing trains.)

(Claire puts Rosie in the tunnel.)
Claire (playfully pretending): Uh Rosie? Uh Rosie go?
Alex: She's in the tunnel!
Claire (still playing): Uh Rosie?
Mommy (playing along with Claire): Where's Rosie?
Alex: She's in the tunnel!

Toby: Thanks! Thanks for pulling me around the island!
Daddy: Who said that?
Alex: Toby said that. He's a tram engine.

(Toby is blocking Claire’s train.)
Claire: Uh Toby move away!


(Alex is mad at Mommy.)
Alex: You’re not nice!
Mommy: No, I'm not. I'm not always nice.
Alex (angrily): Yes you are!


Alex: Is Mommy gonna make dinner?
Daddy: Yeah.
Daddy (to Alex): Are you gonna make dinner? Are you gonna make some real dinner? ‘Cause I’m hungry.
Alex: Hahaha! That's silly.


(dinner time)

Claire (whining loudly): Mommy! Uh Mommy!
Mommy (sitting at her computer): Claire, what do you need?
Claire (whining loudly): Mommy! Uh sit! Sit with me!
Mommy (sternly): I’m not coming over there if you keep whining.
Claire (whining loudly): Please!

Zoe spoon: I’m gonna get – I’m gonna get a strawberry for you, Alex.


(Alex is telling Daddy about school today.)
Alex: And Carter smacked Kate in the face. At circle time.

No comments:

Post a Comment