Saturday, May 29, 2010

Trains need to chug, Grommie!

Daddy: What did you do with Mommy this morning?
Alex: Um, swing at the library playground, swing here, go to the park and see the big train, see the blue(?) train, go to Mommy’s friend’s house and see the train, ride my tricycle, and that was it.


(Alex and Claire are having snack at the train table.)
Alex: This is a little snack party.
Daddy: Yeah, a snack party.
Alex: That’s what I call it. That’s what some people call it.

(Grommie is blocking the kids from getting around the train table.)
Alex: Trains need to chug, Grommie!

(Alex and Claire are playing trains.)
Alex: Don’t do that.
Claire: Why?
Alex: Because it’s my engine.
Claire: Why uh Alex engine?
Alex: Because it lives in my bed.
Claire: Okay.

Alex: Daddy, you scraped me. Your toe scraped me.
Daddy: I know, I sat perfectly still and you scraped up against it.
(Alex laughs.)
Alex: Daddy don’t talk like that, you’re nice!

(Alex picks up the toy phone.)
Alex: Hello? You need to put the cookies in the ‘frigerator.
(Alex hangs up the phone.)

(Claire sets her bear on the floor.)
Claire: Sit down, bear!

(Claire and Alex are “eating dinner”.)
Alex: Claire, the cookies are all done in the microwave. Can you go get ‘em out of it?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: The green thing.
Alex: Yeah, that.
Claire: Eat it!
Alex: No. Get them outta that, and put them on the bear’s plate.
Alex: Put it here. Right there. Thanks.
Claire: Thanks, Ay-yah.

Alex: No. It’s my breakfast, Claire.
Claire: Why?
Alex: Because it is. Because it goes down into my tummy. Isn’t that what happens? And then, you don’t get to get them.


Daddy: It’s called a apple baker.
Alex: Apples are yummy!
Daddy: So are bakers.
Alex: No! Bakers aren’t food!
Daddy: What are they?
Alex: A cabinet!
Daddy: A cabinet?
Alex: Yeah. No, a coffee maker.


(dinner time)

Claire (holding out a piece of broccoli): Daddy, big! Big!
Daddy: Big? Oh yeah, that’s a big one!
Claire: Big, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment