Sunday, May 9, 2010

Can we watch trucks and cars on the internet, Daddy?

Alex: They don't have a robot at this – the other moon. They don't have a robot. It’s just pretend. It’s not real.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
(Pause.)
Alex: But they have toys. At the toy store. They have a toy store.
Daddy: At the moon?
Alex: Yeah.


Alex: It’s cold, so I wanted to go inside.
Daddy: Yeah, it’s gotten a little cold.
Alex: Yeah it’s chilly out here.


Alex: Can we watch trucks and cars on the internet, Daddy?

Claire (to Mommy): Uh Alex pick uh Science Kid.

Claire (“jumping”): Uh high!


(Alex is playing with cars.)
Alex: That’s Ockwit, his name is Ockwit.
Daddy: Ockwit?
Alex: Yeah. Just like chocolate!


(Daddy plays Downtown.)

Alex: Claire, you wanna dance?

Alex: Look, I’m going faster, Daddy! I’m bein’ a pony! I’m tryin’ to be a pony!

(Alex runs around holding his arms straight up over his head.)
Alex: Look what I’m doin’ Daddy! Look what I’m doin’ with my arms!
Daddy: Yeah!
Alex: Giddyap! Giddyap! Giddyap, giddyap! This is the pony!

Alex: Downtown made me tired.


Alex (to Daddy): I got chocolate!
Daddy: You did?
Alex: Yeah!
Daddy: Special treat!
Alex (to Mommy): Was chocolate a special treat?
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex (to Daddy): It was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment