Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm talkin’ about the circle ones, not the square ones.

Alex: Next time it’s not gonna be Monday.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: Every day’s not gonna be Monday, that time.
Daddy: That’s right.


(Daddy is pushing Alex on the swings.)

Alex: I never been in a rocket ship. Or a airplane or a helicopter. I never been in those things.

Daddy: Isn’t it nice having our own swings?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: Just like Nana and Pop.
Alex: If we didn’t have a swing, I would wanna swing, and I would want a swing, to swing in.


(Claire and Alex are getting ready for nap.)
Alex (to Daddy): You’re my person to put me down for nap.
(Mommy laughs.)
(Alex laughs.)
Alex (to Daddy, in his “that’s silly” voice): You’re not a person!


(Alex is lying awake in bed during nap time.)
Alex: Beep, beep, beep, beep, time to get up!
Alex (whining): I said “beep beep beep”!


(dinner time)

(Claire has the Elmo fork.)
Alex (being silly): Can I have Zoe?! Is she a spoon?!
Daddy: She is a spoon.
Alex: But I want someone who’s a fork!
Alex (completing his thought): …that’s on Sesame Street.


(Alex is talking about cookies, and wants to clarify that he refers to Oreos.)
Alex: I'm talkin’ about the circle ones, not the square ones.


(Alex notices a hair floating in his bath.)
Alex: Hair is dirty, it has to go to the landfill.


No comments:

Post a Comment