Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oh, salad.

(dinner time)

Claire: Dat!
Mommy: Salad.
Claire: Oh, salad.
Claire: Dat mah-nos.
Mommy: Salmon. Tomatoes.
Claire: ‘Matoes.

Daddy: What did you do today, Alex?
Alex: Uh, my new toys?
Daddy: You have new toys?
Alex: Yeah. I have a new truck and Claire has a truck and I have a new ball.

Claire: I like it. I like it, Mommy.
Mommy: Good. Are you chewing it up and swallowing it?
Claire: Yeah.
Mommy: Or just keeping it in your mouth.
Claire: Kee ih mouth.

Mommy: Are you still hungry, Alex?
Alex: Yeah. I want something sweet.
Mommy: You want some carrots?

Alex: I want – I want something that’s really sweet.

Alex: I love you, Daddy.
Daddy: I love you too, Alex!

(Daddy gives Alex his medicine.)
Alex: I had medicine.
Mommy: Good job, buddy.
Alex: It was yummy.
Daddy: Good.
Alex: Thank you, Daddy.


(Claire sees a bug on the window.)
Claire: Fly away bug! Fly away! Bug fly away!


(bath time)
Mommy (to Claire): You wanna stand in the big tub, like a big girl?
Claire: Yeah, big girl.


(Alex is talking to the baby doll.)
Alex: Nothing’s wrong, baby. It’s just your dream.
(Long pause.)
Alex: It’s just a dream. I said it’s just a dream.


(bed time)
Alex: This is our house. This is a rocket ship.
Daddy: This is a rocket ship?
Alex: Yeah. I’m gonna blast off. In a minute. I'm gonna count down.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: One two three four blast off!

No comments:

Post a Comment