Monday, May 17, 2010

And mess with books and I will be mad and don’t close your door and don’t turn off your light and play in the door and…

Alex (pointing at Daddy’s computer): Hey Daddy, that – that – that’s a lotta words.


Alex: Today we talked about summer.
Mommy: You did? What did you say about it?
Alex: I don’t know. It’s too much.


(dinner time)

Alex: Mommy, can you sit with me?
Mommy: Yeah.
Alex: That’s because I like you.

(Mommy just showed Alex how to use a knife.)
Alex: Look Daddy, I’m cutting.


(Daddy is reading “Bear’s New Friend” to Alex.)
Alex (interrupting): Did Bear shrug his shoulders?
Daddy: No, Mouse shrugged his shoulders. Bear scratched his head.
Alex: Why?
Daddy: Because sometimes people scratch their head when they’re wondering about something.
Alex: And when they have a itch.
Daddy: Yeah.


(bed time)
Alex: Did I say my words?
Daddy: No. You don’t have to say your words.
Alex: But I want to! Playinthebackyardplayplayroomplaytrains.
Daddy: Playbackyardplayplayroomplaytrains.
Alex: WakeupClaireclosemydoor.
Daddy: WakeupClaireandcloseyourdoor.
(Pause.)
Alex: And mess with books and I will be mad and don’t close your door and don’t turn off your light and play in the door and… and… and play on the ceiling and play on the floor and play hair and play chickie and play doggie and now go to sleep.
Daddy: Okay, night-night.
Alex: And play with Daddy next time. That’s a new one.
Daddy: Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment