Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pop’s at Nana’s house. He has no hair.

(For some unknown reason, Alex is pretending that Pop is “Papa”.)

Alex: That’s not Pop. He looks like Pop, but – but – but – he has hair, so he’s not Pop.

Claire: Uh Mommy?
Daddy: Mommy’s still in the backyard, working with Pop.
Alex:That's Papa.
Daddy: Oh, okay.
Alex: Pop’s at Nana’s house. He has no hair.


(Alex talks about his dreams.)
Alex: But if the dog ate me? I would go into his poop.


(lunch time)

Alex: You’re a monster.
Daddy: I’m not a monster.
Alex: No we pretend you’re the monster.
Daddy: Okay, we’ll pretend I’m the monster.
Alex: No, we pretend you’re the monster.
Daddy: Okay, let’s pretend I’m the monster.
Alex: You’re the drinkin’ monster.
Daddy: I’m the drinkin’ monster?
Alex: Yeah.
Daddy: What does the drinkin’ monster do?
Alex: Nothing. He just drinks.

(Claire sees a box of Life cereal on the counter.)
Alex: I wanna see Cheerio man.

Alex’s graham cracker: Hello, Claire. I’m a graham cracker!


(Alex and Claire are playing with beach balls in the family room.)

(Alex throws his beach ball at the TV.)
Alex: I threw it at the TV!
Mommy: Don’t throw it at the TV.
Alex: I didn’t.

(One of the beach balls lands in Mommy’s computer chair.)
Alex: It’s computer ball! Workin’ on her computer!

(Alex throws his ball at Claire.)
Mommy: Alex, don’t do that.
Alex: But I said sorry.


Alex (to Claire): Sorry!


Alex: Mommy, I’m watching you bake muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment