Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eat it, mouth.

(Mommy and Claire go into Alex’s classroom to pick up Alex. Neer has already been picked up.)
Claire (looking around): Uh Neer? Uh Neer?


(Alex comes home to find Daddy playing a video game.)
Alex: What are you watching?
Daddy: Uh, I'm just watchin’ a little show.
Alex (shouting to Mommy): Daddy’s watchin’ a little show!


Alex: Daddy!
Daddy: Yes Alex?
Alex: On the way home from Callum’s house, a man was smokin' in his car.
Daddy: Oh no.
Alex: Yucky. His car was stinky.


(Daddy turns off the TV.)
Claire (crying): Uh watching Elmo!
Mommy: Aw, Elmo’s over. Now it’s time to eat dinner.
Claire (sad): Uh watch uh Bob.
Mommy: No Bob.
Claire (sad): Why?
Mommy: ‘Cause TV’s over.


Alex: Books –- if books didn’t open and close, you wouldn’t be able to read them, Mommy.

(dinner time)

Daddy: Claire, are you gonna be a mommy when you grow up?
Alex: I’m gonna be a daddy!
Daddy: Are you gonna be a husband?
Alex: No, a daddy.

Mommy: Tell Daddy what kind of toys Callum had.
Alex: What toys?
Mommy: Tell him –
Alex: Why did he have a train table upstairs, that’s silly.

Mommy: What else did Callum have?
Alex: Cars and trucks.
Mommy: What, um, cars did he have from the Cars movie?
Alex: I -- don’t -- know.

(Claire gives Daddy her pizza crust.)
Claire: Uh, eat it.
Daddy: Thank you, Claire.
Claire: (to Mommy): Daddy, eat it.
Mommy: Okay.
(Daddy pretends to eat the crust.)
Claire: Eat it, mouth.
Daddy: Thank you Claire!
Claire (to Mommy): Ah Daddy, want pizza.

Alex: I like to say that question.
Daddy: What question?
Alex: What – what’s pasta? That one.

Alex (to Claire): In the morning you wanna watch Bob, Claire?
Claire: Yeah.

(Claire examines a little string of dried cheese from her pizza.)
Mommy: Is it cheese?
Claire: No cheese.
Mommy: Dried cheese?
Claire: No dried cheese.

Claire: I want uh watch pictures.
Mommy: We’re not gonna watch pictures, honey.
Claire: Why?
Mommy: Because we’re eating dinner.

(Claire got pizza sauce on her cup.)
Claire: Uh wuh wipe it off. Wipe off it!

Claire (shaking head “no”): Mommy, I like it.
Mommy: You don’t like it?
Claire: Yeah.
Mommy: Okay.

(Grommie is in Claire’s way.)
Claire: Uh move out uh way, Grommie. Out.

Alex: Do – do – do my head but not down my body?
Mommy: What? Do your head but not outta your body?
Alex: No. Do my head but not down my body.

Alex: Tickle my head.
Mommy: Like that?
Alex: Yeah.

Mommy (to Claire): Is it fun to be little?
Claire: Yeah uh fun be little.
Daddy: Is it fun to be big?
Claire: No!!

Alex: I ate your sock, I ate it off my fork.
Mommy: I’m gonna get it back.
Alex: You can’t get it back it’s in my tummy.

Alex: It’s all gone.
Mommy: It’s all gone?
Alex: It’s in my poop.

Claire: Spoon! Uh touch it.


(Alex is sitting on the potty.)
Alex (to Mommy): Pssh!! You're swimmin' in the yucky pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment