Thursday, June 16, 2011

Who was - whose belly was I in?

Alex (to Mommy): Mommy, you look pretty today.



(As Claire throws her wipe in the trash, she notices the popcorn bag from last night.)
Claire: Daddy, who had popcorn in there?



Alex (to Claire): Oh I like your pretty dress. My sweet girl.



Claire: I’m Alex’s sister.
Daddy: You are. Do you like being Alex’s sister?
Claire: Yeah.

Claire: Daddy? And Alex always help me what I need!



Alex (whining): But I need to play Monster Trucks! There's a competition that I have to do today.
Alex: Mayor Bentley told me. That I have to do it.
Alex: Because there's gonna be something special tomorrow. There's Dads for Donuts. Well after it.



Alex: Lightning might shock you.
Alex: Lightning might shock you, but I'll try not to shock myself.



Alex: I don't wanna stay home tomorrow. Because, I wanna go to my new class it's fun.



(Alex and Claire are playing with trucks.)
Alex: So, everybody. Today, I like that you were at school. For Dads for Donuts.
Alex: But today, we're not having Dads for Donuts, you know why?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Well, the dads -- the dads -- are really late. They're really late so we can't do it.
Alex: Oh. Well. A big truck will do something.
Alex: Where are we going?
Alex: We're going somewhere to race. It's a race track.
Alex: Yeah! We always wanted that. And I'll drive you.
Alex: All right, big truck? Ready to go?
Alex: Yes sir. We're ready.
Alex: Okay, everybody in! Everybody in!
Alex: We're going, just two cars. I think one. One get in there!
Claire: I want this car to get in there.
Alex: No, two can't.
Claire: Why?
Alex: It's not easy to get out. And you're too big to get in.
Alex: But -- that's her mama.
Alex: Well, one's coming in right now. So sorry, different day.
Claire: Uh-oh.
Alex: Beep beep -- we've already got a car.
Claire: Uh-oh, it's driving right now.
Alex: We've already got a car!
Claire: Sorry!
Alex: Why did you say sorry?
Claire: Because I was being sorry.
Alex: Well, Claire. I'll take one at a time. Because we're going to a race track.
Alex: We're gonna drive right now.
Alex: He drove away. They were going far. A car fell out. He didn't know where he went. Oh! Did I hear the car fall out? I did! Come back! Come back!

Alex: The door opened, beep beep.



(getting ready for bed)

Claire (to Alex, whining): I wanna give you a hug and a kiss!
Alex: You have to catch me first!
(Claire chases Alex, both of them giggling.)



(Claire notices a picture of Mommy and Daddy, in which Mommy is pregnant.)
Claire: Mommy and Daddy.
Mommy: Yeah. And Alex was in my belly.
Claire: Who was - whose belly was I in?

Claire: Ahh.
Alex: That's what Meg says. I say something and she says "ahh!"


(Daddy puts Alex to bed.)
Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes?
Alex: I like my new class, and I like building, but sometimes I get tired of building all the time, so I stop, and do something else.

Daddy: Okay.
Alex: But I have to build.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: And I don't want to forget.
Daddy: Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment