Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I wish my trucks were real.

(While sitting in Mommy's lap, Claire accidentally hurts Mommy.)
Claire: I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Stephanie.



Alex: Daddy, at school today, the macaroni wasn't so good. All the friends didn't like it. It was really mushy. It was like goo. So, I just had a snack down there. I'm playing quietly.



Alex: What do bad dentists do?
Mommy: What?
Alex: What do bad dentists do?
Mommy: Why do you want to know that?
Alex: I just want to know what they do, if I pretend.

Mommy: I don't know what a bad dentist means, honey. Not find cavities if you have them? Not clean your teeth well enough?

Alex: Or maybe they would do something mean to your teeth.
Alex: I think I know. Um -- one day, um just -- one day, at school, I watched a movie, in Preschool 2, and, then, the bad dentist… uh… was in, his mouth, on the (sink?), where the teeth were.



(Alex has been grouchy all afternoon.)
Alex: Mommy, if you make me a new track, that might make me happy, and I might play with Claire, and we won't fight.



Alex (to Claire): Can you please stop, um, whining? It's getting on my nerves.



(Daddy is sick.)
Alex (to Daddy): Do you need any juice, water, or medicine?



(Alex has been playing trains happily, and then Claire joins in, and acts uncooperative.)
Alex (to Claire): Claire! I was having so much fun, and then you made me be sad!



Alex: Claire said my building is cool! There's lotsa -- there's just three buildings, it's like a apartment, except, it's stores! And there's a house, in the middle!

Claire: I saw Alex's building. I love it.
Mommy: You made him happy.



Alex (watching Bob the Builder): I wish my trucks were real.



(Alex and Claire are watching Dora the Explorer, and Dora is riding in a sky car.)
Claire: Can I go on that?
Alex: When you're older, Claire.
Claire: Mommy, can I go on that?
Mommy: Yeah. You can go on one of those at Busch Gardens if you want.
Claire: Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment