Monday, June 6, 2011

And when I pee at Tyler Place friends, I get a sticker!

Alex: Look how nice we look for crafts.
Daddy: Yeah!
Alex: We could be a craft!
(Daddy laughs.)
Alex: We are a craft!


(Daddy stops the bike, removes Alex’s helmet, and tosses it on the ground. Then he starts to get Alex down from the bike.)
Alex (smiling): You can just throw me on the ground like you threw the helmet.


Alex (talking about Grandpa): He loves to give giant hugs. He likes me.

Alex: I want Grandpa to – I want Grandpa to say, “You look handsome, Alex.”

Claire (excitedly): Alex, I’m gonna show Grandma my Band-Aid!


Daddy: Claire, did you like the puppet show?
Claire: Yeah, but I started crying.
Alex: Why?
Claire: ‘Cause I didn’t like it.
Alex: I liked it.

Daddy: Claire, why did you start to cry?
Alex: Why did you cry, Claire?
Claire: I don’t know.
Alex: Why did you cry?
Mommy: She looked like she’d been crying.
Claire: Because I – I didn’t like to go to my Tyler Place friends.

Daddy: Did you like the boy in the puppet show?
Claire: Um… no.
Daddy: No?
Alex: No it’s a man.
Daddy: Oh a man.
Alex: Makin’ the puppet show.

(Claire explains how she got a new sticker at group.)
Claire: And when I pee at Tyler Place friends, I get a sticker!

Alex: I like puppet shows.
Mommy: Good.
Claire: There’s no – wasn’t any puppets.
Mommy: They’re called marionettes.
Claire: Oh.

Claire: Why was those people – what was those people doing?
Mommy: They were making the puppets go.
Claire: Oh.

Daddy: What happened in the puppet show, Alex?
Alex: Uh, I need to get ready for bed first.
Daddy: Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment