Saturday, June 11, 2011

It was fun being here, but now we have to go home.

(breakfast)

Claire (talking about Claudette, the hostess): When I’m a mommy, I can have a purple flower in my hair.

Alex (to Aunt Sheridan): No group for me, ‘cause I have to go back to Virginia!



(Alex and Claire prepare to return their bikes at the Tyler Place.)

Claire: Bye, helmet. Bye, bike.
Alex: Bye, helmet. I like you.

(Alex is riding on the back of Daddy’s bike.)
Alex: It was fun being here, but now we have to go home.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: But I can see my team.
Daddy: What team?
Alex: You know. All the trucks.

Alex: But it was fun.
Daddy: What was fun?
Alex: Riding on our bikes.

Claire: I love the bikes.
Mommy: I know, you love the bikes.
Claire: Do you love the bikes?
Mommy: Yeah.

Alex: I like the pool – the squirt things – the pool – the squirt things – but it’s time to leave the – it’s time to leave the Tyler Place.

Alex: I see Midgin Mountain! There’s Midgin Mountain! That’s Midgin Mountain, right there.

Daddy: You wanna go play on the trampoline?
Claire: No, I already did that with my Tyler Place friends.

Claire (rapid-fire): There’s Meg and Alex! I’m gonna run over there! There’s a butterfly! There’s a birdy, did you see that birdy?

(Virginia does a flip on the trampoline.)
Claire: Daddy, Daddy, when I’m bigger, I can do that!

Claire: When I’m bigger, I can flip over.


(The airplane begins to taxi toward the runway.)
Alex: Ah! We’re gonna go so fast! Watch, Elly!
Claire: We’re gonna take off!
(Pause.)
Claire: We’re gonna take off!
(Pause.)
Claire: We’re gonna take off, Mommy! Here we go! We’re gonna take off now!
Alex: We’re gonna go fast!
Claire: We’re gonna go fast, Daddy!

(The plane continues to taxi.)
Alex: It doesn’t feel like we’re going fast.

Claire: Are we flying?
Daddy: Not yet.
Alex: I think we’re gonna go to a different runway first.


(In the Philadelphia airport, Claire sees a soldier wearing camouflage.)
Claire: I think those are his PJs.



(Alex and Claire, and all their relatives, are unexpectedly stuck in the Philadelphia airport for six hours.)

Claire: One day I’m gonna have, um… One day I’m gonna have, um, but… One day I’m gonna have, um, Uncle Jimmy… One day I’m gonna have, um, Aunt Sheridan and Uncle Jimmy at my house.


(Daddy carries Claire through the terminal.)

Claire (pointing at a terminal sign): F4!

Claire: F6!

Claire: I wanna go down there say “F6” – no, “F9”.

Claire: F7!


(Claire sees the soldier again.)
Claire: He's a soldier.
Daddy: That’s right.
Claire: Why is he a soldier?
Daddy: Because he wants to be a soldier.
Claire: Oh.
Claire: Is he also a man?
Daddy: Yeah, he's a man too.


(Claire sees her uncles with ice cream, and wants some too.)
Mommy: We'll get some ice cream tomorrow. At the grocery store.
Claire: Is it tomorrow now?



(Alex explains why he doesn’t want to still be at the airport on Sunday, because Farmer Pickles doesn’t have a fan.)
Alex: He wanted me to build one, so he wanted me to build one, right, um the first time in the building.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: Because, he’s so hot.
Daddy: Okay.


(Alex explains his building game to one of his relatives.)
Alex: My trucks, they’re not real, but I pretend to build with them. And I get lots – I get lots of things to build.
Alex: It’s a play game.

Alex: It’s a play game, it’s on a show. And I like it.


(Alex continues to worry about Farmer Pickles.)
Alex: He said, “I turned it on, and then it stopped working, and now I can’t turn it on again, I’m so hot.”
Daddy: Oh. And so he called you on vacation?
Alex: Yeah. He didn’t wanna let me.


(Alex and Claire, and all their relatives, finally make it onto a plane. The plane taxis toward the runway.)

Claire: We’re flying!

Claire: I don’t want you to fall.
Daddy: What?
Claire: I don’t want you to fall.
Daddy: I’m not gonna fall.
Claire: Okay.
(Pause.)
Claire: I don’t wanna fall.
Daddy: You’re not gonna fall.

Claire: Daddy? Airplane is makin’ me fall.
Daddy: No, you’re sittin’ in your seat.
Claire: But it make me lean back.
Daddy: Oh, you don’t like when it makes you lean back?
Claire: No.
Daddy: It just makes you lean back, that’s not falling.

Claire: No, when it flies, it makes me lean back, it flies.
Daddy: Yeah? It has to go fast, to get up in the air.
Claire: Oh.
Claire: Why?

Claire: Are you gonna fall?
Daddy: No I’m not gonna fall.
Daddy: I might lean back though.
Claire: I don’t wanna lean back.

Claire: When are we gonna go fast, Daddy?
Daddy: When we get all the way on the runway, he’s gonna go really fast, and take off.
Claire: I don’t want – I don’t wanna – I don’t wanna fall.
Daddy: Okay. I’ll be here with you, okay?
Claire: Okay.
Daddy: I’ll make sure you don’t fall.

Claire: I don’t want to fall.

Daddy: Are you tired?
Claire: No.
Daddy: Yeah.

Claire (excitedly): We’re gonna fly!
Daddy: What?
Claire: We’re gonna fly!
Daddy: We’re gonna fly!

Claire: When is he gonna go really fast?
Daddy: He will in a minute.
Claire: Look! That one’s going really fast!
Daddy: Oh!
Claire: And it got up in the air!
Claire: Now we’re up in the air like that.

Daddy: It’s our turn to go next.
Claire: What?
Daddy: It’s our turn. To take off.

Claire: We’re going fast.
Daddy: Yeah.

Claire: Daddy, can you put that in your pocket, think, it maybe is gonna fall.
Daddy: Yeah, look. We’re going up in the air.
Claire: Yeah.
Daddy: Can you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment