Monday, June 27, 2011

But I’m putting two out, so he can pick.

Dora: Stand up! Stand up!
Alex: I can’t, I’m eating breakfast.


Claire (showing off her dress): Daddy, I have this shirt!
Daddy: Yeah, I like it!
Claire: Thank you, Daddy.


Alex: When people drop things on the ground, birds can eat it, if they’re crumbs, and, Claire, birds eat worms, and bugs, and, um… um… … what’s this next one? Birds eat bugs, worms, what else, Daddy? There were three things bird eats. … … Oh! And they eat seeds.
Claire: Yeah, they eat seeds. They do.
Alex: Uh-huh.

Claire: What does dogs eat?
Alex: Dog food.
Claire: Oh but – what does… what does… um… um…
Alex: Dogs eat, dogs eat, all the stuff in your back-a-yard.
Claire: But dogs… dogs… um dogs can’t… dogs can’t eat, um, bones.


Claire: I have pockets!
Daddy: Yeah, you have pockets!
Claire: Daddy, if I go outside, I can put my hands in my pockets!


(Claire keeps pulling out all of Grommie’s toys.)
Mommy (to Claire): Grommie doesn’t need all his bones out, sweetheart.
Claire: Why?
Mommy: He can only chew on one at a time!
Claire: But I’m putting two out, so he can pick.


Claire (running from the front window): Mommy! Grandma’s not here yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment