Thursday, June 9, 2011

I’m gonna sit beside Meg, ‘cause she’s the funniest one.

Alex: You know why I wanted to go to the pool, Daddy?
Daddy: Why?
Alex: Because I thought I would sleep first, and I would have a lot of energy, and I could go to the pool. And play a lot. But I still wanna go to the pool. It’s fun.


Alex: I’m gonna sit beside Meg, ‘cause she’s the funniest one.


(Bath time. Alex goes first.)
Alex: Look Mommy, I’m handsome already!

(Claire is getting ready for her turn.)
Claire (dancing around, singing): I’m gonna be handsome! I’m gonna be handsome!
Mommy: You’re gonna be pretty.
Claire: No. I’m gonna be handsome.


(at “family party”)

Alex: I wanna go to group, Daddy. I wanna go to group. I’m bored.

Claire (whining): Daddy, I don’t wanna go to group! I’m tired!

Alex: Claire, you’re pulling me! If you stop pulling me, I’ll let you give me a kiss.

Claire (whining): I don’t wanna go to group.
Alex: It’s fun, Claire. You wouldn’t even notice that you’re crying. You’ll say, “I’m having fun, anyway.”

Claire (whining): I don’t wanna go to group.

Claire (crying): I don’t wanna go to grooouuuup!


(Daddy picks up Alex from evening group.)
Alex (to Daddy): How was dinner?


Mommy (to Alex): How was dinner?
Alex: Good. I had apple juice and then grape juice!
Mommy: That was your whole dinner?
Alex: No! I had popcorn.

Alex (surveying the cabin): I - I want somebody to clean this house. It’s messy on the table and messy on the counter.

(Daddy tucks Alex into bed.)
Alex: Daddy, guess what Ryan did on the trampoline. He's my counselor. The counselors are like teachers: they teach you things. He, um, did a flip.

No comments:

Post a Comment