Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Claire's gonna be a dentist when she grows up, Daddy.

(Alex and Claire are playing with Play-Doh.)
Claire: Alex, do you have big fingers?
(Mommy laughs.)
Claire: Alex, do you have big fingers?
Alex: I can do it.
Claire: Alex, do you have big fingers?
Alex: No I don't. I still have little ones.
Claire: Oh.
Claire: But I tell my friend at school… I tell my friend at school I… think my brother has big fingers, I just told my friend.



Alex: Claire's gonna be a dentist when she grows up, Daddy.
Daddy: Oh.
Alex: 'Cause I feel like doing a dentist, but I don't wanna do that, I wanna be a builder, so Claire's gonna do that for me. My sister's nice.



Alex: You can be stuck on water.
Claire: Okay.
Alex: First I need to get a wipe.
(Claire runs over to the couch.)
Claire: I'm stuck on water! Help!
Alex: I'll come right away.
Claire: I'm stuck on water!
Claire: I'm stuck! I'm stuck on water! Help! Heeeeelp! Heeeelp!

(After Alex rescues her.)
Claire: Yeahhhhh! I'm off the water!

Alex: Now it's my turn.
Alex: Ah, I'm stuck on a rock!
Alex: Ah, I'm stuck on a rock!
Claire: Say "help, help".
Alex: Oh! I don't know how to swim!
Claire: Hold on! Hold on!
Alex: Ahhhhhh!
Claire: Now I have to pull you. I have to…

Claire: Hold on! I'm gonna pull you!
Alex: I'm gonna climb down. I've got to -- I better get there fast. Oh I'm on this rock. Now start pulling, please.

Claire: Now I will pull you and pull you!
Alex: Ohhhh! I'm toppling in the water! Hold on tight!
Claire: I got it. There. Now I have to pull you, pull you, pull you, pull you, pull you!
Alex: Oh! I'm stuck! I can't do it! Oh. I'm gonna slip! Wahhh! Wahhhhhh!
Claire: Oh no! (Mumble) and I have to call somebody!
(Claire runs into the dining room.)
Claire: Somebody! Come!
(Claire runs back.)

Claire: I'm ready, I'm ready! I'm ready! Alex, I'm ready!

Alex: I'm gonna slip! I'm gonna slip. Uh-oh! I can't hang on! I can't hang on!
Claire: I'm holding you.
Alex: Ahhhhhh! Oh! I'm in the deep ocean!
Alex: Oh! Oh-ohhhh! This puddle's…
Claire: Hold on! Hold on!
Alex: I can't! I can't!

Alex: I'm under the ground!
Alex: You need Scoop and Benny to save me!

No comments:

Post a Comment