Thursday, June 23, 2011

Give them love.

(after school)

Alex: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes Alex?
Alex: A person did something mean at school today to me.
Daddy: Oh no! What did they do?
Alex: I was doing dress-up, and then I got a water, a water tank, no, it was a fireman's suit, no, it was a fireman's tank where you breathe, with the air, and it wasn't real it was just (mumble), and I was playing with Will and he took it and he didn't give it back, and I asked the teacher but she didn't do anything about it.

Claire: Daddy, when I was gonna take my shoe -- shoe off at school, I had a booboo on my foot.



Claire: Daddy, why is I gonna still be in preschool?
Daddy: Because you're such a big girl.
Claire: All of my other friends are such a big girl and such a big boy?
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: Do they have big -- big boy -- a big boy bed?
Daddy: Yes they do.
Claire: Do they have a big boy bed at their home?
Daddy: Yes they do.
Claire: Oh.



(dinner)
Daddy: Alex, if a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Alex: Boom, crash! Really loud, all around the forest.
Claire: Do me!
Daddy: Claire, if a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Claire: Boom, lightning!

Alex: Mommy, can you get me some more pears? I'm ready for my next pile o' pears.

Alex: I'm gonna eat a very long dinner, so I'll grow so big, I'll be a daddy for a week!



Alex: When people are sick, you really need to take care of them and help them.
Daddy: Yeah. What can you do to take care of them and help them?
Alex: Give them love.

No comments:

Post a Comment