Wednesday, June 8, 2011

See?

Claire: Alex! Alex! Alex! Alex! We both have Hello Kitty Band-Aids on our knees!


(Alex and Claire are playing a game at the cabin.)

Alex (shouting out the window): Grandma! There's a ghost coming to your house! So be careful! I'm gonna stop it!
Claire (shouting out the window): There's a ghost coming to your house!

Alex: We scared the ghost away.
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: Oh no! He’s heading for Meg’s house now! He’s heading for Meg’s house!

Alex: I see! He’s heading for Meg’s house!
Alex: Uh-oh. This is quite – we need to call the police to get that ghost away.
Claire: Yeah!
Alex: The real police.
Claire: Yeah!
Alex: Come on, Claire, get me down from here.

Claire (to Mommy, proudly): I helped Alex down – um, I helped Alex down, off the chair.
Mommy: Good job.

Alex: We need to tell Grandma something. Come on!
Claire: ‘Kay!
Alex: Grandma!
Claire: Grandma!
Alex: I see the ghost!
(Claire shrieks playfully.)
Alex: Whaaaat?
Claire: There’s a ghost inside Mommy’s – house!
Alex: Yeah?
Claire: Yeah!
Alex: Okay, Claire!
Alex: There’s a ghost!
Claire: Uh!
Alex: I heard the ghost! It’s coming! In a car, right toward us!

Alex: Now the ghost is in the bath tub!
Claire: Let me see it.
Alex: He’s sc – Claire, be quiet. He’s hiding.

Alex: Now he’s in the picnic basket! There she is!

Alex: Look! I found the ghost.
Alex: Waaaaah!
Claire: It was on the floor.
Alex: Yeah. We broke her.
Claire: Yeah.

(A kid can be heard yelling in the distance.)
Alex: Oh. There’s a baby crying!
Claire: I can save that baby! I caught that baby!
Claire: I caught the baby, Alex. I got the baby.



(Daddy picks up Alex from group.)
Alex: I had fun.

Alex: Can you pick me up, Daddy? My legs are tired.

Alex’s friend: Are you having a picnic lunch too?
Alex (proudly): No. I'm having lunch with my Daddy!


(lunch)

Claire: Mommy, I went to the pool too.
Mommy: You did?
Claire: Yeah. And I played with the pink ducky.

(Claire is eating a cookie. She’s broken it in two, and has part of it in each hand.)
Claire: Hey.
Mommy: What?
Claire: Where's the other part of the cookie?
(Mommy points to Claire’s other hand)
Mommy: In this hand.
Claire (surprised): Oh!



Alex: I wish I had my building machines here. Because Farmer Pickles called me from Virginia, and he needs a new fan. 'Cause his fan isn't working. But I told him I'm in a different area and I'll have to fix it on Saturday.
Daddy: Yeah.
Alex: But I wish he lived here and I had my machines.

Alex: I wish Scoop was here.
Claire: You pretend.
Alex: We can't pretend all that, Claire.
Claire (picking up the space shuttle): You pretend this is a hammer.
Alex: No.
Claire (banging the space shuttle on the table): See?
Alex: I see, Claire.
Claire: See you can do that with it.
Alex: No.


(Daddy is doing magic tricks with grapes.)
Alex: Daddy, tell me how the trick is done.


(Mommy is taking Claire to evening group, on the back of her bike.)
Claire (crying): Moommyyy! Moommyyy!
(She keeps this up literally the entire way.)


(Daddy comes to pick up Alex from movie night, but arrives about one minute before the movie ends.)
Daddy: Do you want to watch the rest of the movie?
Alex: I think I wanna go home now, I don't want to get my brain mushy.


(Daddy tucks Alex in bed. It’s very late, and Alex is clearly exhausted.)
Alex: I'm not sleepy, can I just rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment