Saturday, June 18, 2011

One day when I'm bigger, can I go camping with you, and my children can stay at home with the mommy, and Mommy and Claire, can stay with them?

(watching Bob the Builder)

Claire: Daddy, why does Bob have big shoes and Wendy has little shoes?
Daddy: I guess Bob has big feet.
Claire: Oh. But why does Wendy have little shoes?
Daddy: I guess she has little feet.



(Claire shows Daddy that Mommy did the hair one of Claire's baby dolls.)
Claire: She has a ponytail and a braid like me!

Claire: Daddy, can you put my flower baby's jacket on?



Alex: Daddy, can I tell you something? I need to whisper it in your ear because I don't want Claire to hear.

Alex (whispering in Daddy’s ear): One day when I'm bigger, can I go camping with you, and my children can stay at home with the mommy, and Mommy and Claire, can stay with them?

(A little later.)
Daddy (to Alex): That's gonna be fun.
Mommy: What?
(Daddy and Alex look at each other.)
Alex (to Mommy): I can't tell you.



(After nap, Alex puts on his Bob the Builder hat.)
Alex: Daddy, I'm ready to go downstairs and build.

Alex: I have lots of work to do today, Daddy.
Daddy: Yeah? What work do you have to do?
Alex: It's hard work, I have to do lots of work.



(Claire is excited about Mommy's new shoes.)
Claire: Ah! There's purple on the bottom of these shoes!
Mommy: Yeah!
Claire: Look Alex, there's purple on the bottom of these shoes! There's purple on the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment