Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I caught a fish!

Daddy: Saturday we're gonna get on a plane. And go back to Virginia.
Alex (sadly): I don't want to.
Daddy: You don't want to?
Alex (sadly): I like the Tyler Place.


(Claire is watching Go, Diego, Go.)

Diego: What color are giant pandas?
Claire: White and black!

Diego: And it's headed straight for Grandpa Panda!
Claire: Wake up, Grandpa Panda!!



Claire (sounding sad): I wanna go back home. I wanna go back home.
Mommy: Right now?
Claire: Yeah.
Alex: This is our home.

Claire (sounding sad): We’re taking a long time to go back home.


(Today in group, both Alex and Claire went fishing.)

Alex (to Daddy): I caught a fish!

Alex: And it flapped its flippers when I took a picture!

Alex (to Mommy): I caught a really big fish!

Claire (to Daddy): I caught a fish!

Claire (to Daddy): I have a cookie!!

(later)
Alex (to Aunt Sheridan): I caught a really big fish!

(later)
Alex (to Uncle Jimmy): I caught a really big fish!

(later)
Alex (to Uncle Kirk): I caught a really big fish!

(later)
Alex (to Uncle Ed): I caught a really big fish!


Alex: Real clowns are pretend. Clowns are pretend too, and then they don't dress up, I think. Like that.


Claire: Daddy, I wanna play – is there strollers in here?
Daddy: No.
Claire: I wanna play strollers. Do other people have strollers?
Daddy: No.
Claire: Does the other home have strollers?
Daddy: No.

Claire: Our other home do have strollers!
Daddy: Oh, yeah our other home does have strollers.
Claire: Yeah.



(Mommy, Daddy, Alex, and Claire are watching the magic/juggling show.)

(About halfway through the show…)
Alex: I want the show to begin.

(The juggler is doing some amazing tricks…)
Claire (breathlessly whispering): Daddy! I saw a butterfly!



(playing at the Splash Pad.)
Alex: Daddy, Daddy! Come look at what I’m gonna do!


(back at the cabin)

Claire: Daddy, if I put my fum in that fan, it’ll cut off my fum!
Daddy: That’s right.
Claire: And then I’ll need a new fan and a new finger.

(A bird can be heard outside.)
Bird: Aw! Aw! Aw!
Claire: Aw! Aw! Aw!
Bird: Aw! Aw! Aw!
Claire: Aw! Aw! Aw!

(Claire poops on the potty.)
Daddy (to Claire): I’m so proud of you!
Claire: I'm so proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment