Thursday, September 22, 2011

When my brain gets bigger, I’ll be able to think harder.

Alex: One day can Mommy take me to her work. Again?
Daddy: Yeah.
Claire: One day can you take me to your work?
Daddy: Yeah, I can do that.


(Alex tells Daddy a secret.)
Alex (whispering): Do you think we could make something for Mommy?
Daddy: Yeah, what do you wanna make?
Alex: I think she would like a new computer. I think, she would be happy. I'm trying to make her something, to show her how much I love her.



(Getting ready for bed. Daddy needs Alex to open his mouth so Daddy can brush Alex’s teeth.)
Alex: Say “abre”.
Daddy: Abre.
Alex: Say “abre, por favor.”
Daddy: Abre, por favor.
(Alex opens his mouth. Daddy brushes Alex’s teeth.)
Daddy: Gracias.
Alex: De nada.

(Alex can’t remember which side of his underwear is the front and which is the back.)
Alex: I always don’t remember. I’m sorry, Daddy. When my brain gets bigger, I’ll be able to think harder.

Claire: Always when we do stories, after we do stories, Mommy comes up.

Alex: I hear – I can hear my heart bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment