Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And beyond!!

Alex (sad): I don't wanna go to 4-K.
Daddy: I know.
Alex: Moving is hard.



Alex: It’s the strawberries’ fault.


Daddy: Claire, tell me about your class.
Claire: I don’t know.
Daddy: Do you like your new class?
Claire: Yeah.
Daddy: What do you like about it?
Claire: I don’t know.
Daddy: Who’s in your class?
Claire: I don’t know my class.
Daddy: You don’t know your class?
Claire: Nn-nn.
Daddy: Who are your new friends?
Claire: Libby, Iha, and… Harper, and Cecilia, but I don’t know what else my new friends are named.
Daddy: Are you happy to have Libby, Iha, Harper, and Cecilia in your class?
Claire: Yes.
Daddy: Did you play with them today?
Claire: Mm-hm.


Daddy: Alex, tell me about your class.
Alex: Uh… I know my class.
Daddy: Yeah?
Alex: 4-K.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: Or are you meaning my old class.
Daddy: No, your new class.
Alex: Oh.
Daddy: What did you do at your new class?
Alex: All I know, all I remember is making handprints.
Daddy: Well, tell Daddy about making the handprints.
Alex: It, it’s not handprints, I mean, tracing my hand.
Daddy: And you did it all by yourself, right?
Alex: Uh-huh, and you know what else I did, Mommy?
Mommy: What?
Alex: I traced with glue.
Mommy: Wow.
Alex: That’s what the teacher told me to do.
Mommy: Neat.
Alex: And I did it on both hands!
Mommy: Wow!

Daddy: What friends are in your class?
Alex: Um… uh, I’ve never seen somebody who I, in a long time. It’s Jaap, but, there’s another one.
Claire: I saw Jaap, with Nana, in front of us. I saw Jaap.

Alex: And Daddy, it’s red shirt. Have I seen red shirt in a long time?
Daddy: Who’s red shirt?
Alex: You remember red shirt?
Mommy: Richard?
Alex: Yeah.

Claire: I smell the meatballs.
Mommy: Yeah?
Claire: Yes.
Claire: Next time I wanna have meatballs for dinner, next time.

Alex: I have a question, Mommy.
Mommy: What is it?
Alex: Uh. How can I become a baby, and the – and the um… in that um… in the hospital. How did I become one?
Mommy: Really. Um… well… you know you came out of Mommy’s tummy, right?
Alex: Oh. But how did the baby come from… to your tummy?
Mommy: Well, when mommies and daddies love each other, they sometimes can make a baby.
Alex: How?
Mommy (to Daddy): Um, how do you explain that to a 4-year old?
Daddy: I don’t know.
Mommy: Um…
Mommy: Well, part of Mommy and part of Daddy come together, and the baby grows in my tummy.
Alex: But, I don’t understand, how you make it. How you make it.
Mommy: Um… can I get back to you on that?
Alex: Why?
Mommy: ‘Cause I need to figure out how to tell you so you understand.
Alex: Okay.
Mommy (to Daddy): Can you look that up?
Daddy: Yeah.
Mommy: Did someone at school ask about that, or did you think about that yourself?
Alex: Um, I thought about it when Nana was here and then I asked her.
Mommy: What did Nana say? Ask your mommy?
Alex: Uh-huh.
(Mommy laughs.)
Mommy: Well I’ll tell you. I just have to figure out how to explain it to you.
Alex: I already know that. You don’t have to tell me anymore.
Mommy: Okay.


Alex: We live in the United States of America.

Alex: That’s because of our flag!
Daddy: Yeah, we have a flag. All countries have a flag.
Alex: Mm-hm. Because they all have a ‘Nited States name. Right?

Alex: Somebody at school said they went to Mexico and saw a real toro.

Alex: I love you. I love you, Mommy.
Mommy: What, honey?
Alex: I love you.
Mommy: I love you too!

Mommy: Claire, I want you to eat some more carrots, and then you can have more pasta, or dessert.
Claire: I want dessert!
Alex: I like dessert. What kind of dessert?
Mommy: Well, you can have cake from Natasha’s party, or you can have chocolate pudding.
Alex: I can’t decide, they’re both yummy!

Mommy: But you have to eat carrots first.
Alex and Claire (in unison): I ate my carrots!
Claire: Every day you have to eat carrots, so you can get really strong. So you can grow.
Daddy: That’s right.
Alex: I’m eating my carrots, so I’m getting strong.
Claire: Like this.
(Claire tenses her muscles.)
Claire: This is strong.
(Daddy laughs.)
Alex: And you might be able to get on a high monkey bars if you’re strong.

Daddy: Do you guys know this?
Daddy: I pledge allegiance…
Alex: Mm-hm.
Daddy: What comes next?
Alex: To the flag.
Claire: United States.

Mommy: One nation…
Alex: Under God…
Claire: Inabisible…
Mommy: Good!
Mommy: With liberty…
Claire: And beyond!!

No comments:

Post a Comment