Saturday, September 17, 2011

Daddy, my legs are tired kicking the ball.

Alex: When do we go to the zoo? I wanna go to the zoo today.


(Claire has her first-ever soccer practice today.)

Claire: I'm gonna be happy of you watching me.

Claire: I'm gonna wave to you!


(after Claire’s first soccer practice)

Claire: Daddy, my legs are tired kicking the ball.

Claire: I’m gonna tell Mommy I got a popsicle.

Claire: No Daddy, Mommy needs to close her eyes and see what I got in this hand.

Claire: Daddy, can you tell her, “Close your eyes”, okay?



(Claire shows Mommy the picture she just drew.)
Claire: Mommy, I maked you! That’s your pretty dress.

Claire: Hey Daddy?
Daddy: Yeah?
Claire: Um, I made Mommy walking with – oh I forgot to draw Alex’s head, but I’m gonna go do it right now, okay?

(Alex shows Mommy his picture.)
Alex: This is the things we like. Daddy likes doing his work, I like my dinosaur, Claire likes baby dolls, and you like dresses!

Claire: I made all of our family, Daddy!
Daddy: I wanna see!
Claire: Um, that’s you walking. And that me, and that’s Alex. And that’s Mommy!
Daddy: I love it!
Claire: But Daddy, I didn’t make Grommie, because, he wasn’t coming there.
Daddy: Okay.


(Alex is wrapping a present for Mommy.)
Alex (to Daddy, whispering): I’m gonna show Mommy how much I love her.


(Claire shows her two pictures to Daddy.)
Claire (showing a picture of a single blue dotted line): This is a road…
Daddy: Oh, it looks like a road!
Claire (showing a picture of a filled in brown circle): And this is – I colored in there, and it’s a surprise inside it. It’s a party in there.
Daddy: Oh, I like it!
Claire: But nobody can see inside it. Nobody can see the party.


Alex: I just LOVE writing my name. Did you know I LOVE writing my name?

Alex: I really, really like it because… it’s just so short!


(Alex doesn’t want to go to soccer practice.)
Claire: I did a good job, Alex, so you need to do a good job. I did a good job, so you need to do soccer. After me.


(Alex’s soccer practice)

Alex (to Daddy): I like watching the team. And I like you watching me. And I can't wait to come back.

Alex’s coach: You okay, Alex?
Alex: I'm tired.
Alex’s coach: Do you need to take a rest, or you wanna keep playing?
Alex: Play.

Alex: I am faster than anybody.

Alex: I bet you wouldn't get bored watching me go faster and faster.

Alex: I never went this fast at my other team.

Alex: I really want to go home. I've had enough of playing soccer.

Alex: I'm sweaty.

Alex: I bet I'm really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment