Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My brain isn't very good at thinking.

(dinner)

Alex (very sad): I wasn't good today.
Daddy: Oh, yes you were! What did you do wrong?
Alex (very sad): I wouldn't stop playing with the cart, and, I was whining at home.

Alex: Oh no. I was trying to rub my nose and I got a crusty on my arm again.

Alex: I ate a carrot that didn't taste very good.
Claire: Oh.
Alex: It was yucky.
Claire: That's a potty word, that's not okay to say that.
Alex: It isn't.
Claire: It is a potty word!
Alex (to Daddy): Claire's -- is saying it's a potty word.
Claire: I said it's a potty word.
Claire: I said it's a potty word. First.


Alex (putting on his PJ pants): There's gotta be a better way!


(Alex is making his little toy man fly through outer space.)
Alex (to Daddy): What happens in outer space if you don't have a space suit?
Daddy: You can't breathe.
Alex (speaking for his toy): I -- can't breathe!


(Daddy is frustrated with Alex for taking a long time to pick a bedtime story.)
Alex: Sorry Daddy, I just… My brain isn't very good at thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment