Monday, September 5, 2011

I wrote a dragon story for you.

(Labor Day. Daddy is sleeping in.)
Claire (shouting up the stairs): Daddy!! What do you want for Christmas?!


(Daddy gets up.)
Alex: Hey Daddy, I wanna get you some things! We were talking about Christmas.

(Alex and Claire have drawn pictures of all of the things they could get Daddy for Christmas.)
Alex: This is a toaster, and this is a playset, this might be... this is a microwave, this is your name, this is a easel, this is a apron, and that’s all I remember. Oh, this is a swing. So tell me what you want.


Alex: I wrote a dragon story for you. I could write it down. It’s called “A Dragon Got Scared By A Scarecrow, And Kept Coming Over, To Get It”.


Mommy: You wanna see the rain? I’ll show you the rain on our computer.
Alex (running over): Oh, yeah! Of course I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment