Friday, September 23, 2011

My hair looks good, and I look really pretty, Daddy.

Alex: Sorry. It's my brain's fault. It was takin' me everywhere, at bedtime. A lotta times it does that.


Claire: Daddy, it's raining, so our... lettuce can grow!


(Daddy drops Alex off at his class.)
Alex: Play in the backyard, play in the playroom -- no –
(Alex smiles sheepishly.)
Alex: Now go to sleep -- no --
Alex: Um... Um... Um...
Alex: Give me a high five. Wave out the window a lot, blow kisses a lot, say bye a lot.
Daddy: Okay.



(dinner)

Alex (to Mommy): I appreciate what you do for me.


Claire (after bath, looking in the mirror): My hair looks good, and I look really pretty, Daddy.


(Bed time. Alex isn't saying his words; instead he's just scraping his foot against the wall.)
Daddy: All right, good night buddy.
Alex: No, I need to write my name with my toe.
Daddy: Okay.
Alex: I just love writing my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment